Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Readonly textbox with scroll

Readonly textbox with scroll

pv_kannan@yahoo.com

Hello,
I am stuck with a problem trying to mimic the behavior of a Windows
Forms Readonly textbox in HMTL/ASP.NET.

Basically, I would like the text to be readonly and overflow the
textbox (overflow attribute) with the user being able to scroll thru
the text using the arrow keys within the textbox.

I managed to get the readonly and the overflow part to work but cannot
figure out a way to let the user place the cursor within the box and
allow scrolling within a readonly textbox.

Any help would be very appreciated....

Thanks
Kannan

Eli Heifetz

Hi,

I think old good html will fit your needs:

style="height:40px; width:40px; overflow-y:scroll; display:block;
border: 1px solid black">
aaaaa
bbbbb
ccccc
ddddd
eeeee
fffff
ggggg

Click inside and scroll with arrows...

Arne

Once upon a time *Eli Heifetz* wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I think old good html will fit your needs:

Who's and what needs? Quote the part you are replying to, no more and
no less!

--
/Arne

are replying to, no more and no less! And don't
quote signatures, thank you.

mscir

> Hello,
> I am stuck with a problem trying to mimic the behavior of a Windows
> Forms Readonly textbox in HMTL/ASP.NET.
> Basically, I would like the text to be readonly and overflow the
> textbox (overflow attribute) with the user being able to scroll thru
> the text using the arrow keys within the textbox.
> I managed to get the readonly and the overflow part to work but cannot
> figure out a way to let the user place the cursor within the box and
> allow scrolling within a readonly textbox.
> Any help would be very appreciated....
> Thanks
> Kannan

This works in my IE 6, Netscape 7.2, Firefox 1.0.3:

textarea{
border: 2px solid brown;
width: 300px;
height: 200px;
}

<textarea readonly="true" enabled="true">
This is my textbox. This is my textbox. This is my textbox. This is my
textbox.....
</textarea>

Zoe Brown

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> Hello,
> I am stuck with a problem trying to mimic the behavior of a Windows
> Forms Readonly textbox in HMTL/ASP.NET.

why do you need to mimic it ?