Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Mystery

Mystery

Jowah

Bob Dole wrote:
> Bill McCarty wrote:
>
>> Using my bad old internet Explorer I can click on a website called
>> Personal World Clock and get a nice image of a clock showing the precise
>> time in several areas of the world. Using Mozilla, I CANT ! Instead
>> I get
>> a message telling me to click on a small icon to get a "plug in,"
>> -whatever
>> that is, - in order to be able to view the clock. This suggest to me
>> that
>> I need another program which: A. Exists. and B. I must down load and
>> THEN I'll be able to view the clock. Not so ! After clicking on the
>> small icon as directed, I get ANOTHER message saying That Mozilla is
>> searching to see if such a plug in even exists. But Mozilla never comes
>> back with an answer to that question, leaving me to wonder if there
>> IS an
>> answer. In any case the World Clock page is blank ! Any Thoughts ?
>>

> Yes, I have a thought-I think you should get a better clock. the page
> that you described is full of spyware.

I didn't detect any spyware....Anyway....Doug you need to go to
http://www.java.com/en/index.jsp and manually download and install Java
1.5.0.

Joe

Help request: Mystery frame below status bar [Xandros Bus 2/Firefox 1.0] K7AAY Firefox 1 03-29-2005 02:04 PM
wifi mystery Txl Wireless Networking 4 03-25-2005 06:28 PM
Mystery frame below status bar [Xandros Bus 2/Firefox 1.0] John Bartley Firefox 1 03-23-2005 04:01 PM
Mystery # 2 Bill McCarty Firefox 5 01-02-2005 06:07 PM
Mystery Bill McCarty Firefox 5 12-31-2004 10:57 PM

Advertisments