Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Login popup on anonymous allowed application

Login popup on anonymous allowed application

=?Utf-8?B?SGl0ZW4=?=

I have a asp.net web application on windows 2000 advanced server having
latest security updates installed and .net framework 1.1. with latest patch.

Eventhough application is configured to allow anonymous, when I try to
access the application using its IP address, it shows a dialog asking login
and password. If i cancel it, it displays the web page. On each postback, it
again displays the dialog box. Also, the page having custom control does not
display the control at all.

Anybody has any idea what could be wrong?

Thanks,
Hiten

=?Utf-8?B?RWx0b24gVw==?=

Hi Hiten,

You might set allow anonymous access in the Web.config of the application.
But in IIS, it has setting of dening anonymous access. Anyway, check both.

HTH

Elton Wang