Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Formmating item in datagrid

Formmating item in datagrid

=?Utf-8?B?YWxhbg==?=

my DB has a date column
my data_set's locale is zh-HK, i want to the date format to be "en-US" while
other items remain using zh-HK locale

so, how i can only format the items for a specific column?
thanks a lot!!

Brock Allen

DateTime.ToString is supposed to allow culture specific formats by passing
an additional argument:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...asp?frame=true

-Brock
DevelopMentor
http://staff.develop.com/ballen

> my DB has a date column
> my data_set's locale is zh-HK, i want to the date format to be "en-US"
> while
> other items remain using zh-HK locale
> so, how i can only format the items for a specific column? thanks a
> lot!!

=?Utf-8?B?YWxhbg==?=

great, thanks!

by the way, how can I retrieve the item from the datagrid?

DataSet1.xxxx.xxxx = String.Format(locale,xxx,xxx)

"Brock Allen" wrote:

> DateTime.ToString is supposed to allow culture specific formats by passing
> an additional argument:
>
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...asp?frame=true
>
> -Brock
> DevelopMentor
> http://staff.develop.com/ballen
>

> > my DB has a date column
> > my data_set's locale is zh-HK, i want to the date format to be "en-US"
> > while
> > other items remain using zh-HK locale
> > so, how i can only format the items for a specific column? thanks a
> > lot!!

Brock Allen

> by the way, how can I retrieve the item from the datagrid?
>
> DataSet1.xxxx.xxxx = String.Format(locale,xxx,xxx)

You should be doing this in your template for the column where you specify
the data binding.

-Brock
DevelopMentor
http://staff.develop.com/ballen