Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > User Profile

User Profile

Alex

Hi all,

I am in the way of switching to mozilla suite. There is something that I want to know.

In the days of using OE, I am used to the profile setup with password as I am sharing with my brother whcih I really don't want him messing up my mail. Is there such function in mozilla?

Please advise.

Thanks,
Alex

Ed Mullen

Alex wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am in the way of switching to mozilla suite. There is something that I
> want to know.
>
> In the days of using OE, I am used to the profile setup with password as
> I am sharing with my brother whcih I really don't want him messing up my
> mail. Is there such function in mozilla?
>
> Please advise.
>
> Thanks,
> Alex

A couple of thoughts. If you're using Windows XP you could set up and
use separate Windows User profiles and password protect them. Or,
assuming you're using different email addresses/accounts, simply delete
your Mozilla email password from the password manager. Anyone trying to
access your email will be prompted for a password.

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net

Alex

Ed Mullen wrote:
> Alex wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I am in the way of switching to mozilla suite. There is something that
>> I want to know.
>>
>> In the days of using OE, I am used to the profile setup with password
>> as I am sharing with my brother whcih I really don't want him messing
>> up my mail. Is there such function in mozilla?
>>
>> Please advise.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Alex

> A couple of thoughts. If you're using Windows XP you could set up and
> use separate Windows User profiles and password protect them. Or,
> assuming you're using different email addresses/accounts, simply delete
> your Mozilla email password from the password manager. Anyone trying to
> access your email will be prompted for a password.

Alright, thanks!