Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Firefox - default browser

Firefox - default browser

DC

I am experimenting with FF and have set it as my default browser. This
change also changed the default browser for my wife who has her own user
account on the computer. Is there a way to have a default browser for
each user? Thanks in advance for replies.
DC

britches@shaw.com

On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 10:00:08 -0500, DC <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I am experimenting with FF and have set it as my default browser. This
>change also changed the default browser for my wife who has her own user
>account on the computer. Is there a way to have a default browser for
>each user? Thanks in advance for replies.
>DC

Hi there...I have the same problem...try this page:
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/defaultbrowser.htm

I haven't tried it yet, but it's a little utility that lets you set
seperate defaults for each user.

I'm about to give it a try...I'll let you know how it works.

Drude

DC

> On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 10:00:08 -0500, DC <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>I am experimenting with FF and have set it as my default browser. This
>>change also changed the default browser for my wife who has her own user
>>account on the computer. Is there a way to have a default browser for
>>each user? Thanks in advance for replies.
>>DC

> Hi there...I have the same problem...try this page:
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/defaultbrowser.htm
>
> I haven't tried it yet, but it's a little utility that lets you set
> seperate defaults for each user.
>
> I'm about to give it a try...I'll let you know how it works.
>
> Drude

Drude,

Thanks for the link, that utility seems to do exactly what I needed!

DC

John Thompson

On 2004-12-28, DC <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I am experimenting with FF and have set it as my default browser. This
> change also changed the default browser for my wife who has her own user
> account on the computer. Is there a way to have a default browser for
> each user? Thanks in advance for replies.

That's the way it's supposed to work, and does here under linux, Win2k,
and FreeBSD at least. Are you using Windows? If so, what version? I
suspect that Win9x/ME might have some problems since they don't really
separate accounts completely the way NT/2k/XP do.

--

John ((E-Mail Removed))