Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Need Help for Exporting Excel from Datagrid

Need Help for Exporting Excel from Datagrid

s_a_ravi

hi,
I want to export the data from datagrid and i dont want to wait upt
the users to be prompted for save as dialog box to save the excel. i
should saved in the client [for example c:\downloads].
Pls help me in that.
thanks in advanc

--
s_a_rav
s_a_ravi's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=61

billmiami2@netscape.net

Browser security is going to keep you from accomplishing this in any
graceful manner. Writing files directly to the client machine from a
web application without user interaction is almost impossible these
days unless you set up a special trust from the browser. Thank
goodness, because I've had enough trouble with spyware getting on my
machine even with the tightening security restrictions.

If you're dealing with Internet Explorer only, I think that you might
want to look into "HTML Applications" (.hta files) which will enable
you to place client side scripts that can read and write to the client
machine. I think that you will need to set up a trust in IE for each
client to make this work.

Bill