Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Lock Print Screen and File Print

Lock Print Screen and File Print

Bryan Shaw

I do not want my users to be able to copy and paiste anything on these
web pages, which will be on an internal web site.

Is there a way to prevent the printing of a web page?

Is there a way to lock the PrtScn key from doing a screen shot?

Thanks!
Bryan Shaw

Kevin Spencer

No and no and no. Anyone that tells you otherwise, send me to their site and
I'll send you a complete copy of any page in their site, including images,
ready for printing.

Why? Because an HTML document is a text document that is downloaded to the
client machine. The images in it are downloaded to the client machine. And
while you might be able to pull some cheap tricks to prevent the average AOL
user from copying or printing a page, the fact remains that all the data in
the page is already on the client. With a little munging, any cheap trick
can be removed.

One easy way to do it: In IE, load the page. Then use File|SaveAs...WebPage
Complete. IE will save a copy of the HTML document and all the images,
rewriting the copy so that the image locations now point to the folder
location where you stored them in your file system. Any JavaScript and/or
other cheap tricks to prevent copying/printing can now be edited out. And
there you go.

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
..Net Developer
What You Seek Is What You Get.

"Bryan Shaw" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>I do not want my users to be able to copy and paiste anything on these web
>pages, which will be on an internal web site.
>
> Is there a way to prevent the printing of a web page?
>
> Is there a way to lock the PrtScn key from doing a screen shot?
>
> Thanks!
> Bryan Shaw
> (E-Mail Removed)

Bryan Shaw

Thank you for providing a complete answer to my question. That was very
thoughtful of you to go into so much detail. I really appreciate it.

Kevin Spencer

Well, thank YOU Brian! You made my day!