Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Newbie Using a Remoted Object Problem

Newbie Using a Remoted Object Problem

Adam

Hi,

I have a web project written in asp.net, vb and runs a SQL Server 2000
back end. My Data Tier will be on another machine run as a remote
object. For now I am testing it on one machine using HTTP as the
transport layer. When trying to connect my Event Viewer catches this
error...

The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( Application ) cannot be
found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry
information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote
computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this
description; see Help and Support for details. The following
information is part of the event: Error in StoreWebObject,
object=Customer, method=CustomerLogin , message=The underlying
connection was closed: Unable to connect to the remote server..

I've run a TCP Trace on it and this is the result I get from that...

HTTP/1.1 100 Continue
Server: Microsoft-IIS/5.1
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 14:41:42 GMT

HTTP/1.1 500 Server encountered an internal error. To get more info
turn on customErrors in the server's config file.
Server: Microsoft-IIS/5.1
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 14:41:44 GMT

System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingException: Requested Service not found

Any suggestions on where I can go from here? Should I provide more of
my code?

Adam.