Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > How to run multiple instances of my site on my development machine?

How to run multiple instances of my site on my development machine?

David Hearn

I have the need to run my web application side by side for testing purposes
so that I can compare two copies side by side. Is there any way to do this.
I have tried opening the project twice and running each of them but it only
works sometimes.

Thanks in advance!

William F. Robertson, Jr.

You will need to copy one of your version to another virtual directory and
access it that way.

http://localhost/myApp

since you are testing copy the wwwroot/myApp directory to another directory,
set the new directory up as an application in IIS and happy testing.

http://localhost/myApp2

bill

"David Hearn" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have the need to run my web application side by side for testing

purposes
> so that I can compare two copies side by side. Is there any way to do

this.
> I have tried opening the project twice and running each of them but it

only
> works sometimes.
>
> Thanks in advance!

David Hearn