Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > is there problem to work with vs.net on web application and also to the iis to serve web clients ?

is there problem to work with vs.net on web application and also to the iis to serve web clients ?

Patrice

Yes it works. In the worst case thought you could hang the server because
depending on what you are doing...

Patrice

--

"roni" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de
news:d40lvn$8u2$(E-Mail Removed)...
> hi.
>
> if i work with the vs.net on project X ,that is web application
> is there a problem for the IIS to serve web clients with project Y dlls

,at

?

> (i want to develop while other web clients testing other web

applications )

Scott Allen

Hi roni:

You can certainly run into problems trying this - your testers might
file a bug because they thought something went wrong when in fact you
just had to restart a service on your development machine, for
instance. Yes - technically it will 'work', but mightg lead to extra
work and confusion.

--
Scott
http://www.OdeToCode.com/blogs/scott/

On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 19:14:23 +0200, "roni" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>hi.
>
>if i work with the vs.net on project X ,that is web application
>is there a problem for the IIS to serve web clients with project Y dlls ,at
>the same time ?
>

>meaning, can i server web clients and develop on the IIS at the same time ?
>
>(i want to develop while other web clients testing other web applications )

Kevin Spencer

> meaning, can i server web clients and develop on the IIS at the same time
> ?

If I understand you correctly, yes, as long as you aren't developing on the
SAME server as the one that is being used.

General rule of thumb: Don't s**t where you eat. You have clients that
(presumably) pay for 24-7 service on a public web server. Development means
debugging. Debugging means bugs, and catastrophic failures from time to
time. Use a development server for development.

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
..Net Developer
What You Seek Is What You Get.

"roni" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:d40lvn$8u2$(E-Mail Removed)...
> hi.
>
> if i work with the vs.net on project X ,that is web application
> is there a problem for the IIS to serve web clients with project Y dlls
> ,at
> the same time ?
>

> meaning, can i server web clients and develop on the IIS at the same time
> ?
>
> (i want to develop while other web clients testing other web
> applications )

roni