Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Disconnecting

Disconnecting

Bill McCarty

What is the correct way to disconnect from T. Bird or Fire Fox ?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Bill Mc.

Posco

Bill McCarty wrote:
> What is the correct way to disconnect from T. Bird or Fire Fox ?
>
> Thanks in advance for any help.
> Bill Mc.

Click the X in the top right hand corner.
Press Alt+F4
File then Exit
Ctrl+W
Right click the icon in the task bar and select close.

I'm sure there are others.

Posco.

:.: BRIAN :.:

(On 12/25/04 16:40) Bill McCarty wrote:
> What is the correct way to disconnect from T. Bird or Fire Fox ?
>
> Thanks in advance for any help.
> Bill Mc.

Disconnect from what? The Internet? The program?

Nice signature.
[http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc2646.html]
--
Brian

Email Info--
http://68.1.17.8/p0nykiller/email.htm

Bill McCarty

> > What is the correct way to disconnect from T. Bird or Fire Fox ?
> >
> > Thanks in advance for any help.
> > Bill Mc.
> >

> Disconnect from what? The Internet? The program?

By "disconnect" I mean exit the program and hang up the phone.
Sorry for the confusion.

Bill Mc.

John Thompson

On 2004-12-26, Bill McCarty <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> > What is the correct way to disconnect from T. Bird or Fire Fox ?
>> >
>> > Thanks in advance for any help.
>> > Bill Mc.
>> >

>> Disconnect from what? The Internet? The program?
>>

> By "disconnect" I mean exit the program and hang up the phone.
> Sorry for the confusion.

Thunderbird/Firebird are simply applications; they aren't responsible for
starting or stopping your dialup connection. If your dialer software is
configured to drop the connection when the last program using the
connections terminates, then closing FireFox or Thunderbird will allow
your dialer software to drop the connection. If this is not working the
way you expect, look in the configuration of whatever dialer software you
are using to fix the problem.

--

-John ((E-Mail Removed))

mike555