Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Asking to download links instead of taking me to them.

Asking to download links instead of taking me to them.

Gary Walker

When I go to ebaumsworld and try to download a video file it asks me to
save the php.html file instead of taking me to the download link. I
have to copy/paste the php link it gives me into the address field to
take me to the actual download site. Is there a way to have it not ask
me to download the link and instead take me to it? I am using the
Disable targets for downloads 0.8 and Firefox 1.0.

I think it is either the disable targets extension or the fact the links
end with .wmv or other as in the example:

http://media.ebaumsworld.com/index.php?e=example.wmv

Is there a way to fix this?

Moz Champion

Gary Walker wrote:

> When I go to ebaumsworld and try to download a video file it asks me to
> save the php.html file instead of taking me to the download link. I
> have to copy/paste the php link it gives me into the address field to
> take me to the actual download site. Is there a way to have it not ask
> me to download the link and instead take me to it? I am using the
> Disable targets for downloads 0.8 and Firefox 1.0.
>
> I think it is either the disable targets extension or the fact the links
> end with .wmv or other as in the example:
>
> http://media.ebaumsworld.com/index.php?e=example.wmv
>
> Is there a way to fix this?

Um, that link leads to a file does not exist page here.
Shortening the link (...com/ or ...com/index.php) doesnt help either

try disabling the disable targets extension (if possilbe) to see whether
or not it is having an affect

--
Mozilla Champion
UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org

Gary Walker

Moz Champion wrote:
> Gary Walker wrote:
>
>> When I go to ebaumsworld and try to download a video file it asks me
>> to save the php.html file instead of taking me to the download link.
>> I have to copy/paste the php link it gives me into the address field
>> to take me to the actual download site. Is there a way to have it not
>> ask me to download the link and instead take me to it? I am using the
>> Disable targets for downloads 0.8 and Firefox 1.0.
>>
>> I think it is either the disable targets extension or the fact the
>> links end with .wmv or other as in the example:
>>
>> http://media.ebaumsworld.com/index.php?e=example.wmv
>>
>> Is there a way to fix this?

> Um, that link leads to a file does not exist page here.
> Shortening the link (...com/ or ...com/index.php) doesnt help either
>
> try disabling the disable targets extension (if possilbe) to see whether
> or not it is having an affect

It was just an example of what the URL is like. I will give you an
actual example below
If you go to this link: http://www.ebaumsworld.com/dormroompranks.html
and click "Click here to watch video" it should take me to another site
with the actual download link but instead it asks me to save the file
index.php.htm to my harddrive instead of taking me to
"http://media.ebaumsworld.com/index.php?e=funnypranks.wmv"

I have to right click on the "Click here to watch video" link and click
actual download site. Hope this helps.

Gary Walker

Gary Walker wrote:
> When I go to ebaumsworld and try to download a video file it asks me to
> save the php.html file instead of taking me to the download link. I
> have to copy/paste the php link it gives me into the address field to
> take me to the actual download site. Is there a way to have it not ask
> me to download the link and instead take me to it? I am using the
> Disable targets for downloads 0.8 and Firefox 1.0.
>
> I think it is either the disable targets extension or the fact the links
> end with .wmv or other as in the example:
>
> http://media.ebaumsworld.com/index.php?e=example.wmv
>
> Is there a way to fix this?

Allright, through the process of narrowing down extensions I found it
was Download Sort 2.5.0 that was causing it to ask to download the link
instead of just taking me to it.