Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > total newbee question

total newbee question

Nancy wrote:
> OTOH, neither Quicken nor Quickbooks will run without IE as far as I can
> tell.

Post the URL ... maybe you've got security turned up too high in FF.

.brian.

(On 12/24/04 11:15) Nancy wrote:

>>>Well, maybe, if you keep getting 'connection refused' messages while
>>>browsing around the internet, or use an Intuit product.

>>Hmm, not having a problem with Firefox 1.0 here. A couple of things,
>>is it a clean install (not over an earlier version)? That sometimes
>>causes problems, but as at www.mozillazine.org most of the problems
>>are completely Unrelated to Firefox but it gets the blame as the most
>>recently installed program. Any specific url's you could post so we
>>can verify if the problem is with Firefox or your comp/settings?

> Hi Charles!
>
> I got the last connection refused message this morning when trying to
> connect to: http://www.superseeds.com
>
> Each time I've gotten the message, I've decided that there is some check
> for IE, and thus, the page must not be very interesting. But, as long
> as someone threw down the gauntlet, I figured I'd reply.
>
> OTOH, neither Quicken nor Quickbooks will run without IE as far as I can
> tell.
>
> Nancy

I checked the link with multiple browsers right after you posted your
message, and it timed out every time for me also. Then I checked with
multiple name servers, and the name didn't resolve. I checked again
today... same outcome. So *that* particular link isn't a Firefox problem.
--
Brian

Email Info--
http://68.1.17.8/p0nykiller/email.htm