Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Session from asp to aspx

Session from asp to aspx

Meir Rudovsky

I have asp page which has iframe to host aspx page. Since , the main
application (asp page) has session values , i need these values be passed
to aspx page in iframe. But, i found out that session cookies are not the
same.
Is there any way to pass session values from asp to aspx ?

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

You could share values in a common database, or pass values via javascript &
querystring.
The easiest way would likely be to use a third party product to handle it,
such as this one:
http://www.consonica.com/solutions/statestitch/

--
I hope this helps,
Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP

"Meir Rudovsky" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have asp page which has iframe to host aspx page. Since , the main
> application (asp page) has session values , i need these values be passed
> to aspx page in iframe. But, i found out that session cookies are not the
> same.
> Is there any way to pass session values from asp to aspx ?

=?Utf-8?B?S29lbg==?=

isn't using a shared database a little overkill ?

anyway, knowing that in cookies you can only store strings, the querystring
seems to be the best solution, eventough its length is limited

"Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]" wrote:

> You could share values in a common database, or pass values via javascript &
> querystring.
> The easiest way would likely be to use a third party product to handle it,
> such as this one:
> http://www.consonica.com/solutions/statestitch/
>
> --
> I hope this helps,
> Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP
> http://SteveOrr.net
>

> "Meir Rudovsky" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I have asp page which has iframe to host aspx page. Since , the main
> > application (asp page) has session values , i need these values be passed
> > to aspx page in iframe. But, i found out that session cookies are not the
> > same.
> > Is there any way to pass session values from asp to aspx ?

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

It's up to you to decide which technique fits best for your application, but
in general I'd say it is NOT overkill to use a database to share data
between separate (but related) software systems. In fact, that's one of the
main reasons databases were invented.

--
I hope this helps,
Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP