Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Can I develop ASP.NET/C# applications in Microsoft Visual C# .NET Standard 2003?

Can I develop ASP.NET/C# applications in Microsoft Visual C# .NET Standard 2003?

TheBurgerMan

or do I have to spend the extra >$1,000 and purchase Visual Studio?
--
Thanks,
TheBurgerMan

Chance Hopkins

There is nothing in dotnet you can't do from notepad and the commandline.

If you know enough.

"TheBurgerMan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> or do I have to spend the extra >$1,000 and purchase Visual Studio?
> --
> Thanks,
> TheBurgerMan
> at
> gmail.com

TheBurgerMan

Let me add more information.

We are currently developing in Visual Studio Architect 2003 that comes with
our MSDN Universal. We are not renewing the subscription and I wanted to
know if it was a big difference to go to Visual C# Standard. We are
developing only ASP.NET and C#.
--
Thanks,
TheBurgerMan
"Chance Hopkins" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> There is nothing in dotnet you can't do from notepad and the commandline.
>
> If you know enough.
>

> "TheBurgerMan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> or do I have to spend the extra >$1,000 and purchase Visual Studio?
>> --
>> Thanks,
>> TheBurgerMan
>> at
>> gmail.com
>> --

Juan T. Llibre

Yes, you can.

Juan T. Llibre
ASP.NET MVP
http://asp.net.do/foros/
Foros de ASP.NET en Espaņol
Ven, y hablemos de ASP.NET...

"TheBurgerMan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> or do I have to spend the extra >$1,000 and purchase Visual Studio?

Shane Bauer

You should be able to develop asp.net applications.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/howtobuy/v...s/default.aspx

Shane