Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > 2 Qns re Thunderbird

Reply
Thread Tools

2 Qns re Thunderbird

 
 
Dennis J. Tuchler
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-23-2004
I just installed Thunderbird 1.0. I have a couple of questions

1. Is it possible to set up Thunderbird in a way that lets the user
decide, message by message, whether or not to allow html display of the
message?

2. I had my Thunderbird 0.9 set up with two accounts. Now, the new
Thunderbird appears with only one of the two accounts and a local account.
How do I fix that?

Thanks for your help in advance

dj tuchler
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
::..BRIAN..::
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-23-2004
(On 12/22/2004 8:43 PM) Dennis J. Tuchler wrote:

> I just installed Thunderbird 1.0. I have a couple of questions
>
> 1. Is it possible to set up Thunderbird in a way that lets the user
> decide, message by message, whether or not to allow html display of the
> message?


I leave TB set to view messages in plain text, and if there is a message
I want to see in HTML view... I click View >> Message Body As >> HTML.

> 2. I had my Thunderbird 0.9 set up with two accounts. Now, the new
> Thunderbird appears with only one of the two accounts and a local account.
> How do I fix that?


Are both accounts still listed under Tools >> Account Settings?

> Thanks for your help in advance
>
> dj tuchler

--
Brian

Email Info--
http://68.1.17.8/p0nykiller/email.htm
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Peter Georgeu
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-23-2004
In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote...
> I just installed Thunderbird 1.0. I have a couple of questions
>
> 1. Is it possible to set up Thunderbird in a way that lets the user
> decide, message by message, whether or not to allow html display of the
> message?
>


This extension adds various buttons, one of which is an HTML button, to
Thunderbird:

http://www.chuonthis.com/extensions/buttons.php

This makes it far more convenient than going to View-Message Body... or
doing Alt-V, B and then selecting.

Peter
 
Reply With Quote
 
Dennis J. Tuchler
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-23-2004
On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 22:22:53 -0500, ::..BRIAN..:: wrote:

> (On 12/22/2004 8:43 PM) Dennis J. Tuchler wrote:
>
>> I just installed Thunderbird 1.0. I have a couple of questions
>>
>> 1. Is it possible to set up Thunderbird in a way that lets the user
>> decide, message by message, whether or not to allow html display of the
>> message?

>
> I leave TB set to view messages in plain text, and if there is a message
> I want to see in HTML view... I click View >> Message Body As >> HTML.
>
>> 2. I had my Thunderbird 0.9 set up with two accounts. Now, the new
>> Thunderbird appears with only one of the two accounts and a local account.
>> How do I fix that?

>
> Are both accounts still listed under Tools >> Account Settings?


Under Edit >>Account settings.

>
>> Thanks for your help in advance
>>
>> dj tuchler


 
Reply With Quote
 
Leonidas Jones
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-23-2004
Dennis J. Tuchler wrote:
> I just installed Thunderbird 1.0. I have a couple of questions
>
> 1. Is it possible to set up Thunderbird in a way that lets the user
> decide, message by message, whether or not to allow html display of the
> message?
>
> 2. I had my Thunderbird 0.9 set up with two accounts. Now, the new
> Thunderbird appears with only one of the two accounts and a local account.
> How do I fix that?
>
> Thanks for your help in advance
>
> dj tuchler


Message by message, no, but Mnenhy 0.7 now allows you to set Plain Text
or HTML on a folder by folder basis. I look at almost every thing in
plain text,but one newsgroup. I can now leave that one group set to
html, while all others are plain text. I can also leave rss feeds on
html, and have to switch View>>Message Body As constantly.

http://mnenhy.mozdev.org/

As to your other question, have you looked in Local Folders to see if
your missing account is there? If you set it to Global Inbox, there
would be no independent tree for it.

Tools>>Account Settings>>(account in question)>>Server Settings

Click on the Advanced button, and see if the radio button for Global
Inbox is selected. To see the account in its own folder tree, select
Inbox for this server's account.

Lee
 
Reply With Quote
 
Dennis J. Tuchler
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-23-2004
On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 22:22:53 -0500, ::..BRIAN..:: wrote:

> (On 12/22/2004 8:43 PM) Dennis J. Tuchler wrote:
>
>> I just installed Thunderbird 1.0. I have a couple of questions
>>

>
>> 2. I had my Thunderbird 0.9 set up with two accounts. Now, the new
>> Thunderbird appears with only one of the two accounts and a local account.
>> How do I fix that?

>
> Are both accounts still listed under Tools >> Account Settings?
>


I should have gone to Edit > Account Settings > Server Settings >
Advanced, and I would have been able to fix it all. Linux rewards those
who fiddle around to see how things work.

dj tuchler
 
Reply With Quote
 
::..BRIAN..::
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-23-2004
(On 12/23/2004 11:48 AM) Dennis J. Tuchler wrote:

> On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 22:22:53 -0500, ::..BRIAN..:: wrote:
>>(On 12/22/2004 8:43 PM) Dennis J. Tuchler wrote:
>>
>>
>>>I just installed Thunderbird 1.0. I have a couple of questions
>>>

>>
>>>2. I had my Thunderbird 0.9 set up with two accounts. Now, the new
>>>Thunderbird appears with only one of the two accounts and a local account.
>>>How do I fix that?

>>
>>Are both accounts still listed under Tools >> Account Settings?
>>

>
> I should have gone to Edit > Account Settings > Server Settings >
> Advanced, and I would have been able to fix it all. Linux rewards those
> who fiddle around to see how things work.


So you've fixed your problem? Hmm... Linux doesn't reward me when I
"fiddle around" with it, all I get is a headache, a crippled OS, a
smashed keyboard, or all of the above <g>.

> dj tuchler

--
Brian

Email Info--
http://68.1.17.8/p0nykiller/email.htm
 
Reply With Quote
 
David Harrison
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-23-2004
On 12/23/2004 7:23 PM, ::..BRIAN..:: said:

> So you've fixed your problem? Hmm... Linux doesn't reward me when I
> "fiddle around" with it, all I get is a headache, a crippled OS, a
> smashed keyboard, or all of the above <g>.


Some people enjoy those very sensations
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
a subprocess qns micklee74@hotmail.com Python 2 04-21-2006 08:12 AM
Qns on blank lines eight02645999@yahoo.com Python 0 03-03-2006 07:06 AM
T'Bird Address Book Qns Dennis J. Tuchler Firefox 3 07-28-2005 12:24 AM
2 very basic qns mescaline C++ 5 12-29-2003 02:51 PM
Misc Qns... Jin C Programming 20 12-25-2003 01:45 AM



Advertisments