Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Mozilla & mail

Mozilla & mail

Tom J

I use OL Express for mail & newsgroups & have it set as my default, but if
viewing a website with Mozilla 6.1, it insist that I fill in information and
use it for replies to email links. I want to use OL both ways, so what is
the change I need to make. It was working fine before this last update.
Thanks,
Tom J

Moz Champion

Tom J wrote:

> I use OL Express for mail & newsgroups & have it set as my default, but if
> viewing a website with Mozilla 6.1, it insist that I fill in information and
> use it for replies to email links. I want to use OL both ways, so what is
> the change I need to make. It was working fine before this last update.
> Thanks,
> Tom J

??Mozilla 6.1 ?? Doesnt exist

Do you mean Netscape 6? That was a beta product, best to upgrade to
Netscape 7x or Mozilla 1.7x

Please respond with the exact version you are trying to obtain
information with respect to, and perhaps we can be of more assistance

--
Mozilla Champion
UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org

Tom J

"Moz Champion" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newshsyd.1145568$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Tom J wrote:
>
>> I use OL Express for mail & newsgroups & have it set as my default, but
>> if viewing a website with Mozilla 6.1, it insist that I fill in
>> information and use it for replies to email links. I want to use OL both
>> ways, so what is the change I need to make. It was working fine before
>> this last update.
>> Thanks,
>> Tom J

> ??Mozilla 6.1 ?? Doesnt exist

Taken right from the "Help" "About Mozilla" I just downloaded from the
Mozilla site and installed on new computer.
Mozilla 1.6
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.6) Gecko/20040113

Tom J

Tom J

I just installed 1.7.5 after uninstalling what I had, now everything is back
to normal.

Tom J

"Moz Champion" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newshsyd.1145568$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Tom J wrote:
>
>> I use OL Express for mail & newsgroups & have it set as my default, but
>> if viewing a website with Mozilla 6.1, it insist that I fill in
>> information and use it for replies to email links. I want to use OL both
>> ways, so what is the change I need to make. It was working fine before
>> this last update.
>> Thanks,
>> Tom J

> ??Mozilla 6.1 ?? Doesnt exist
>
> Do you mean Netscape 6? That was a beta product, best to upgrade to
> Netscape 7x or Mozilla 1.7x
>
> Please respond with the exact version you are trying to obtain information
> with respect to, and perhaps we can be of more assistance
>
> --
> Mozilla Champion
> UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org
> Mozilla Champions - http://mozillachampions.mozdev.org
> Mozilla Manual - http://mozmanual.mozdev.org/

Moz Champion

Tom J wrote:

> "Moz Champion" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> newshsyd.1145568$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>Tom J wrote:
>>

>>>I use OL Express for mail & newsgroups & have it set as my default, but
>>>if viewing a website with Mozilla 6.1, it insist that I fill in
>>>information and use it for replies to email links. I want to use OL both
>>>ways, so what is the change I need to make. It was working fine before
>>>this last update.
>>>Thanks,
>>>Tom J

>>??Mozilla 6.1 ?? Doesnt exist

> Taken right from the "Help" "About Mozilla" I just downloaded from the
> Mozilla site and installed on new computer.
> Mozilla 1.6
> Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.6) Gecko/20040113
>
> Tom J

I see where you have resolved your problem with updating in another
post. Um 6.1 is not 1.6 btw. It may have been a typo in your original
post that confused the issue

I use OL Express for mail & newsgroups & have it set as my default, but if
viewing a website with Mozilla 6.1,
Unquote

You said 6.1, I took you at your word.
--