Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Opening links in Thunderbird messages

Opening links in Thunderbird messages

Dan Hunting

I just started using TB 0.9 and Firefox, having converted from Netscape
7.1. When I click on a link in an email message, it opens in (horrors!)
MSIE. How do I get it to open these links in Firefox?

- Dan

Dan Hunting wrote:
> I just started using TB 0.9 and Firefox, having converted from Netscape
> 7.1. When I click on a link in an email message, it opens in (horrors!)
> MSIE. How do I get it to open these links in Firefox?

Open Firefox.

Tools > Options > General > Default Browser > (check) Firefox should
check to see... > Check Now and make it the default browser.

All better?

Dan Hunting

Z wrote:
> Open Firefox.
>
> Tools > Options > General > Default Browser > (check) Firefox should
> check to see... > Check Now and make it the default browser.
>

> All better?

Nope. I tried that first thing, but no luck.

- Dan

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Andr=E9_Tuytschaver?=

Dan Hunting a écrit :
> Z wrote:
>
>> Open Firefox.
>>
>> Tools > Options > General > Default Browser > (check) Firefox should
>> check to see... > Check Now and make it the default browser.
>>

>> All better?
>>

> Nope. I tried that first thing, but no luck.
>
> - Dan

Had the same problem, uninstall Firefox 0.9, delete Firefox folder in
start menu and install FF 1.0
http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/all.html

--
Cordialement,
________________

André Tuytschaver a écrit :
> Dan Hunting a écrit :
>
>> Z wrote:
>>
>>> Open Firefox.
>>>
>>> Tools > Options > General > Default Browser > (check) Firefox should
>>> check to see... > Check Now and make it the default browser.
>>>

>>> All better?
>>>

>> Nope. I tried that first thing, but no luck.
>>
>> - Dan

> Had the same problem, uninstall Firefox 0.9, delete Firefox folder in
> start menu and install FF 1.0
> http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/all.html

Sorry, I spoke about Thunderbird:
http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/all.html

--
Cordialement,
________________

::..BRIAN..::

(On 12/22/2004 1:34 PM) Dan Hunting wrote:
> I just started using TB 0.9 and Firefox, having converted from Netscape
> 7.1. When I click on a link in an email message, it opens in (horrors!)
> MSIE. How do I get it to open these links in Firefox?

First try installing TB 1.0, and see if you still have the problem. If
the problem still exists, which I'm willing to bet it does, then try
running the program "Set Browser" from
[http://www.pc-tools.net/win32/setbrowser/].

--
Brian

Email Info--
http://68.1.17.8/p0nykiller/email.htm

Leonidas Jones

Dan Hunting wrote:
> I just started using TB 0.9 and Firefox, having converted from Netscape
> 7.1. When I click on a link in an email message, it opens in (horrors!)
> MSIE. How do I get it to open these links in Firefox?
>
> - Dan

Try the easy fix. Open IE and make it default browser. Then open FF and
make it default browser. Do the links in TB work now?

Lee

::..BRIAN..::

(On 12/23/2004 12:08 PM) Leonidas Jones wrote:
> Dan Hunting wrote:
>
>> I just started using TB 0.9 and Firefox, having converted from
>> Netscape 7.1. When I click on a link in an email message, it opens in
>> (horrors!) MSIE. How do I get it to open these links in Firefox?
>>
>> - Dan

> Try the easy fix. Open IE and make it default browser. Then open FF and
> make it default browser. Do the links in TB work now?
>
> Lee

That's not easier than using the "Set Browser" tool
--

::..BRIAN..:: wrote:
> (On 12/23/2004 12:08 PM) Leonidas Jones wrote:
>
>> Dan Hunting wrote:
>>
>>> I just started using TB 0.9 and Firefox, having converted from
>>> Netscape 7.1. When I click on a link in an email message, it opens
>>> in (horrors!) MSIE. How do I get it to open these links in Firefox?
>>>
>>> - Dan

>> Try the easy fix. Open IE and make it default browser. Then open FF
>> and make it default browser. Do the links in TB work now?
>>
>> Lee

> That's not easier than using the "Set Browser" tool

It is if Set Browser isn't already and installed. .

I've never used Set browser, but I did read up on it, and, if the
programs are doing their job of setting registry keys, it shouldn't be
needed. My workaround usually gives a little nudge to the registry,
getting it work right.

Lee

Dan Hunting

Leonidas Jones wrote:
> ::..BRIAN..:: wrote:
>
>> (On 12/23/2004 12:08 PM) Leonidas Jones wrote:

>>> Try the easy fix. Open IE and make it default browser. Then open FF
>>> and make it default browser. Do the links in TB work now?
>>>
>>> Lee

>> That's not easier than using the "Set Browser" tool

> It is if Set Browser isn't already and installed. .
>
> I've never used Set browser, but I did read up on it, and, if the
> programs are doing their job of setting registry keys, it shouldn't be
> needed. My workaround usually gives a little nudge to the registry,
> getting it work right.
>
> Lee

Well, the proof is in the pudding, as they say. I tried Set Browser,
but with no luck. Then I made IE the default browser and immediately
switched back to FF. Presto! Everything works as it should now. Thanks
to everyone for your advice.

- Dan