Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Re: Different problem using 2003 server,1.1 and Web.Mail

Re: Different problem using 2003 server,1.1 and Web.Mail

Juan T. Llibre

What do your SMTP servers' log files say ?

Can you test with single sends until you repro the problem,
and then check the log(s) to see what the return codes are ?

Juan T. Llibre
ASP.NET MVP
http://asp.net.do/foros/
Foros de ASP.NET en Espaņol
Ven, y hablemos de ASP.NET...
======================

"Brad Roberts" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have a problem using the System.Web.Mail namespace that I hope someone
>can
> give me an idea as to what may be wrong. I am to the point of looking for
> machine.config settings that may be responsible. Maybe it has to do with
> permissions on a registry key, or something.
>
> The problem is that using ASP.NET and Web.mail email success is hit or
> miss.
> Two out of four or one out of four. The second and fourth or first and
> third.
> Using an ASP page using CDO objects we have 100% success on the same
> machine.
>
> We have two web servers that are encountering the same problem. One is a
> development and the other is a production box. This is the same
> application
> on two different boxes. We have 2003 Servers using .NET 1.1 and IIS6.
> ASP.NET
> and everything else is working fine. We use the Web.Mail to send SMTP
> email
> using a "Smart Host" box which is a round-robin setup with several SMTP
> servers. The SMTP servers are working fine servicing 1000's of emails per
> minute. This is ALL on the internal network. We have gone through the full
> round of setting the anonymous and ASP.NET account to be administrators to
> try to eliminate security implications.
>
> The SMTP servers on the 2003 servers are turned off.
>
> The network guys say the emails are not getting to the SMTP servers. We
> have
> gone through DNS server settings and all the other network connectivity
> issues.
>
> Any ideas? Has anyone been seen this before?

Juan T. Llibre

That sounds like a network connectivity latency or intermittency
problem between the web servers and the SMTP servers.

Maybe you could set up a test to determine whether
connectivity is up 100% of the time, or whether you're
having either latency or intermittency problems.

Juan T. Llibre
ASP.NET MVP
http://asp.net.do/foros/
Foros de ASP.NET en Espaņol