Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Firefox and failed DNS lookups

Firefox and failed DNS lookups

'Captain' Kirk DeHaan

I am running FF 1.0 on XP with SP2. I have AVG and ZoneAlarm running as
well. I find that I have numerous failed DNS lookups when other things
are running, i.e. downloads. It will succeed on the second or third
try. IE seems to find the same addresses just fine with no retrys
needed. Anyone else see this problem? If so any suggestions as to what
may be causing this?
--

Kirk

"Moe, Larry, the cheese!", Curly

mike555

'Captain' Kirk DeHaan wrote:
> I am running FF 1.0 on XP with SP2. I have AVG and ZoneAlarm running

as
> well. I find that I have numerous failed DNS lookups when other

things
> are running, i.e. downloads. It will succeed on the second or third
> try. IE seems to find the same addresses just fine with no retrys
> needed. Anyone else see this problem? If so any suggestions as to

what
> may be causing this?
> --
>
> Kirk
>
> "Moe, Larry, the cheese!", Curly

===== Yes, all the time, I thought it was my ISP (JOI) ... perhaps
there is a setting somewhere to allow longer look-up time? ... I also
use Zonealarm and AVG , on XP home ============

mike555

'Captain' Kirk DeHaan wrote:
> I am running FF 1.0 on XP with SP2. I have AVG and ZoneAlarm running

as
> well. I find that I have numerous failed DNS lookups when other

things
> are running, i.e. downloads. It will succeed on the second or third
> try. IE seems to find the same addresses just fine with no retrys
> needed. Anyone else see this problem? If so any suggestions as to

what
> may be causing this?
> --
>
> Kirk
>
> "Moe, Larry, the cheese!", Curly

===== Yes, all the time, I thought it was my ISP (JOI) ... perhaps
there is a setting somewhere to allow longer look-up time? ... I also
use Zonealarm and AVG , on XP home ============

R Fruth in Houston

> I am running FF 1.0 on XP with SP2. I have AVG and ZoneAlarm running as
> well. - snip -

We sound like twins, XP SP2, FF & TB ver 1.0, AVG7 & zonealarm here, no
problems with DNS or anything else 4 that matter - Happy holidays !
--
Rob Fruth - Houston, Tx
http://www.rfruth.net

1981 Raleigh for errands & fun ____ __o
1997 Trek 2300 for real fun ! ____ _ \ | _)
2000 Civic hatchback (_)/ (_)

SSL - how to suppress reverse DNS lookups? Tim Ward Java 4 06-12-2006 02:09 PM
URL's and Set's do not mix - DNS lookups are compulsory Rogan Dawes Java 4 05-17-2006 10:10 AM
DNS Lookups J1C Cisco 2 02-02-2006 01:54 PM
OpenSER and DNS SRV Lookups Doug VOIP 0 11-23-2005 06:52 AM
reverse dns lookups in firewall logs Tim Lister Computer Security 0 08-28-2004 12:16 AM

Advertisments