Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > How to Publish a Project to Production Server

How to Publish a Project to Production Server

A P

Hi!

I have installed VB.Net 2003 on my computer and develop a simple web
application. I want to publish the project that I made to our production
server. How can I publish a web application?

regards,

Me

Cor Ligthert

AP,

In my opinion is the most easy one is in your IDE the Project -> Copy
Project and than set the options in the dialogbox.

I hope this helps,

Cor

A P

where can I find the "Copy Project" from VB.NET 2003?

"Cor Ligthert" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> AP,
>
> In my opinion is the most easy one is in your IDE the Project -> Copy
> Project and than set the options in the dialogbox.
>
> I hope this helps,
>
> Cor

Cor Ligthert

AP,

When you have your Webapplication selected in your ide than
Project -> Copy Project

Cor

"A P" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> where can I find the "Copy Project" from VB.NET 2003?
>
> "Cor Ligthert" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> AP,
>>
>> In my opinion is the most easy one is in your IDE the Project -> Copy
>> Project and than set the options in the dialogbox.
>>
>> I hope this helps,
>>
>> Cor

A P

Hi Cor,
I've tried to follow your instruction but I receive error message:

An error occured while copying the project
'http://localhost/<projectname>/projectname.vbproj'. THe Web server reported
the following error when attempting to create or open the Web project
located at the following URL:
'http://<remotehost>:8002/<projectname>/'. 'HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server
Error'.

What do I need to do?

Me.

"Cor Ligthert" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:#(E-Mail Removed)...
> AP,
>
> When you have your Webapplication selected in your ide than
> Project -> Copy Project
>
> Cor
>
> "A P" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > where can I find the "Copy Project" from VB.NET 2003?
> >
> > "Cor Ligthert" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> AP,
> >>
> >> In my opinion is the most easy one is in your IDE the Project -> Copy
> >> Project and than set the options in the dialogbox.
> >>
> >> I hope this helps,
> >>
> >> Cor

A P

I have tried copying the project to a remove server that has VS.NET and it
worked! I have tried also to copy the project to a server that doesn't have
VS.NET and it prompt witht the same error. I don't know if I'm correct, do I
need to have VS.NET to the remote server before I can copy the project?

Me

news:O$(E-Mail Removed)...