Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Page won't work in Firefox 1.0

Page won't work in Firefox 1.0

Al. C

http://www.suite101.com/files/mysite...lice/Clock.htm

Why won't this page work in Firefox?

-Al

Al. C

Al. C wrote:

> http://www.suite101.com/files/mysite...lice/Clock.htm
>
> Why won't this page work in Firefox?
>
> -Al

Note, I run Slackware Linux 9.1 with KDE 3.14, so maybe it's an X program?

-Al

Alan Gauton

In article <%9Wxd.1196$(E-Mail Removed)>,
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)-blake.no.spam.com says...
> Al. C wrote:
>
> > http://www.suite101.com/files/mysite...lice/Clock.htm
> >
> > Why won't this page work in Firefox?
> >
> > -Al

> Note, I run Slackware Linux 9.1 with KDE 3.14, so maybe it's an X program?

It works in IE6, but not Firefox 1 on a Win XP box.

--
AG

Remove removes from address to remove anti-spam measures.
Alan Gauton E-Mail agauton @ postmaster.co.uk

Never for me the lowered banner, never the last endeavour!
(Damon Hill - 16th June 1999)

Tom Betz

Quoth "Al. C" <(E-Mail Removed)-blake.no.spam.com> in
news:z5Wxd.1195$(E-Mail Removed) :

> http://www.suite101.com/files/mysite...lice/Clock.htm
>
> Why won't this page work in Firefox?

It's using ActiveX functions.

--
George Bush's War of Choice on Iraq is a totally unnecessary war.
Every life lost, every limb lost, every disfigurement, every

Arne

Once upon a time *Al. C* wrote:

> Al. C wrote:
>
>> http://www.suite101.com/files/mysite...lice/Clock.htm
>>
>> Why won't this page work in Firefox?
>>
>> -Al

> Note, I run Slackware Linux 9.1 with KDE 3.14, so maybe it's an X program?

Bad (not standard) Javascript. I could'nt see anything "amazing" on
the page with Mozilla on Windows

The old believe everything, the middle-aged suspect everything and the
young know everything. (Oscar Wilde)

Arne

Once upon a time *Tom Betz* wrote:

> Quoth "Al. C" <(E-Mail Removed)-blake.no.spam.com> in
> news:z5Wxd.1195$(E-Mail Removed) :
>
>> http://www.suite101.com/files/mysite...lice/Clock.htm
>>
>> Why won't this page work in Firefox?

> It's using ActiveX functions.

I don't think there is any ActiveX involved. I have the security level
on IE set to ask if any ActiveX is involved on a page. So I belive
it's only not standard Javascript.

--
/Arne
http://web.telia.com/~u97802964/

The old believe everything, the middle-aged suspect everything and the
young know everything. (Oscar Wilde)

Xanophile

Al. C wrote:
> http://www.suite101.com/files/mysite...lice/Clock.htm
>
> Why won't this page work in Firefox?
>
> -Al

here's the same thing that will work in mozilla. check the code.

http://www.btinternet.com/~kurt.grig...illyclock.html

Philip Thomas

"Al. C" <(E-Mail Removed)-blake.no.spam.com> wrote in message
news:z5Wxd.1195$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> http://www.suite101.com/files/mysite...lice/Clock.htm
>
> Why won't this page work in Firefox?
>
> -Al

If you go to the page in firefox and then select Tools>JavaScript console it
shows errors in the JavaScript. I have seen this problem in another site
where IE ignores the errors and Firefox doesn't.

Ralph Fox

On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 14:06:23 GMT, in message
<z5Wxd.1195$(E-Mail Removed)>, Al. C wrote:

> http://www.suite101.com/files/mysite...lice/Clock.htm
>
> Why won't this page work in Firefox?

Look at this in the Javascript

| ns=(document.layers);
| ie=(document.all);

The page only handles the old level 0 proprietary models for doing things.
This is truly antique.

A modern page would have a third case

| w3c=(document.getElementById);

and correctly-written javascript code for a w3c case -- which should be used in preference
to the ns or ie cases

if ( w3c ){
} else if ( ns & ! w3c ){
} else if ( ie & ! w3c ){
}

--
Cheers,
Ralph

somewhere else." -- Sam Walton

Ed Mullen

Al. C wrote:

> http://www.suite101.com/files/mysite...lice/Clock.htm
>
> Why won't this page work in Firefox?
>
> -Al

http://edmullen.net/clock.html

A very old question. The javascript is non-standard. The one cited
above works in all browsers.

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net