Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Common word missing in Thunderbird Spell Check

Common word missing in Thunderbird Spell Check

Max Mustermann

In article <(E-Mail Removed)2go.com>
Justin <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Tarapia Tapioco wrote on [Wed, 22 Dec 2004 03:42:41 +0100 (CET)]:
> > In article <(E-Mail Removed)>
> > Nobody <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> >> This query is about TB, but I run Moz suite 1.7.2.
> >>
> >> I have Spelll Check for Eng/Australia - Canada - New Zealand - UK -
> >> US loaded..
> >>
> >> Strangely enuf, the only database that kicked "gauge" out was the "US"
> >> dictionary! Oh, grin, the US president who can't pronounce "nuclear"
> >> prolly don't know how to spell <gauge> as well. He must provide the
> >> database for Moz/TB!
> >>
> >> High-lar-ious.

> > What's hilarious, is that you're a ****ing idiot.

> So's Bush.

Who cares? Talk about Bush all you want. Kerry is an idiot too. And so are many other people in this World. No politician is good. What are you going to do about it? Keep saying blah blah blah Bush sucks? You aren't going to change anything...

Danny Colyer

Jim wrote:
> I'm on the other side of the big pond. Don't recall what
> the procedure was in downloading tbird 1.0, but did I
> perhaps specify that I wanted a US version? I don't
> see any options to swap dictionaries in the existing
> browser. it definitely arrived without gauge in it - it
> had a number of other strange suggestions to replace
> that word.

TB installs with a US dictionary by default. I imagine that you'll be
better off with your Leftpondian dictionary than with any other, but if
you wanted to change dictionaries then the way to do it is:

1) Send something with an incorrect spelling.

2) When the spellchecker comes up, you will see a button at the bottom
left showing which dictionary you are currently using. Click this
button, then click "Download More". This will take you to
<URL:http://dictionaries.mozdev.org/installation.html> where you will
find the rest of the instructions.