Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > My website dont work with Firefox

My website dont work with Firefox

cshr@not-listed.com

Hello and Merry Christmas to everyone.

I operate a website for my non-profit horse rescue center.
I have over the years developed a rather unusual Christmas page, where
a horse, completely created of keyboard characters is supposed to
scroll across the page.

I have used this design for several years, and it always worked fine
on IE. I am now using Firefox most of the time, but this page will
not work correctly on Firefox. I only see the top of the horses head
scrolling. This is the latest Firefox version.

Please view the page with IE to see how it's supposed to look, then
check it with Firefox.

Look here: http://www.cshr.50megs.com

Is there any way to fix this so it works properly in Firefox, or must
I tell my viewers to use IE to get it to work?

PS. While I developed this page and website, I am not a professional
web designer, and have no clue how to change this. Please be specific
with replies to fix it. There is a valid email addy on the mainpage
link if you want to reply privately.

Thanks

George

Ralph Fox

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 20:43:16 -0600, in message
<(E-Mail Removed)>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> Hello and Merry Christmas to everyone.
>
> I operate a website for my non-profit horse rescue center.
> I have over the years developed a rather unusual Christmas page, where
> a horse, completely created of keyboard characters is supposed to
> scroll across the page.
>
> I have used this design for several years, and it always worked fine
> on IE. I am now using Firefox most of the time, but this page will
> not work correctly on Firefox. I only see the top of the horses head
> scrolling. This is the latest Firefox version.
>
> Please view the page with IE to see how it's supposed to look, then
> check it with Firefox.
>
> Look here: http://www.cshr.50megs.com
>
> Is there any way to fix this so it works properly in Firefox,

Make these two simple changes to the HTML source code.

1. On line 28 of the HTML source code (near the left-hand end of line 2,
change
<pre><MARQUEE>
to be
<MARQUEE><pre>

2. On line 53 of the HTML source code (near the right-hand end of line 53),
change
</MARQUEE></pre>
to be
</pre></MARQUEE>

In other words, you just need the <pre>...</pre> to be inside the
<MARQUEE>...</MARQUEE> and not the other way around.

> or must
> I tell my viewers to use IE to get it to work?

No need to go to such extremes

> PS. While I developed this page and website, I am not a professional
> web designer, and have no clue how to change this. Please be specific
> with replies to fix it. There is a valid email addy on the mainpage
> link if you want to reply privately.

Merry Christmas to you and yours.

--
Cheers,