Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Firefox 1.0 Move to new Computer

Firefox 1.0 Move to new Computer

Keith

I will be setting up a new computer and need to move the Firefox
cache and all settings, including cookies and passwords to it. I know
where the settings are stored, but how do I get the new instance of
Firefox on the *new* computer to use the settings when I fire it up
for the first time?

--
Best Regards, Keith
http://kilowatt-radio.org/ NW Oregon Radio Page

::..BRIAN..::

(On 12/20/2004 9:54 PM) Keith wrote:
> I will be setting up a new computer and need to move the Firefox
> cache and all settings, including cookies and passwords to it. I know
> where the settings are stored, but how do I get the new instance of
> Firefox on the *new* computer to use the settings when I fire it up
> for the first time?

Why do you need to copy the cache?

--
Brian

Email Info--
http://68.1.17.8/p0nykiller/email.htm

Charles

"Keith" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I will be setting up a new computer and need to move the Firefox
> cache and all settings, including cookies and passwords to it. I know
> where the settings are stored, but how do I get the new instance of
> Firefox on the *new* computer to use the settings when I fire it up
> for the first time?

I did this just recently and this page helped a lot.
http://the-edmeister.home.comcast.net/index.html
However, fair warning, it wasn't as easy as he makes it sound! Creating a
new profile and just
clicking and dragging files over to replace the "default" files is what
finally worked for me, I think
if you root around his site he has a page where it describes which files
should go.
Good Luck.