Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Temporary Internet Files and Cacheing

Temporary Internet Files and Cacheing

J'son

Ok, I have a search page which POSTs back to itself to show results.
When users leave this page and come back to it via the BACK button, it
ususally redisplays fine. However, for one or two users a "Page Cannot
Be Displayed" error is shown.

I was able to recreate this bug by flushing out my Temporary Internet
Files via Tools --> Internet Options, so I am assuming the following:

1. The user might have his total space allocated for Temp. Internet
Files set a 1MB (or smaller) and the folder is full.
2. The user has somehow told IE to no cache anything at all (doubtful).

I played around with <% OutputCache %> for awhile before realizing that
this operated on the server (doh!). My other option was to change my
POST page into a QUERYSTRING page.

Would this help? What else am I missing or is there no way out other
than to tell the user its his own browser settings?

Thanx!!

J'son