Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ADVANCED data matching?

ADVANCED data matching?

HotRod

I know I've asked a question like this before but I can't remember what the
final verdict was. When I use to program in VB I could fill a recordset with
the names of cities and then start filtering them as the user typed.
Normally what I would do is populate the first Recordset with the States and
Provinces and then once they were selected populate the second Recordset
with the cities matching the state. Is there a control that I can do the
same thing with on my ASP page?

I want to apply this to our sign in sheet, because people visit our site
dozens of times ever year it wouldn't make a lot of sense to have to
re-enter the information each time. Does anyone have some creative ideas?

Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP]

Was it like this control?

http://www.metabuilders.com/Tools/ComboBox.aspx

"HotRod" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I know I've asked a question like this before but I can't remember what the
>final verdict was. When I use to program in VB I could fill a recordset
>with the names of cities and then start filtering them as the user typed.
>Normally what I would do is populate the first Recordset with the States
>and Provinces and then once they were selected populate the second
>Recordset with the cities matching the state. Is there a control that I can
>do the same thing with on my ASP page?
>
> I want to apply this to our sign in sheet, because people visit our site
> dozens of times ever year it wouldn't make a lot of sense to have to
> re-enter the information each time. Does anyone have some creative ideas?

HotRod

Ken
Thanks I will give it a shot and see if it works. I basically need to do
this for three or four combo boxes in a row. IF I can't get this to work I
may go back to VB with a synchronize feature to keep everything up to date.