Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Upgrading Mozilla?

Upgrading Mozilla?

Deano

What are the caveats and best procedures to install the current
version of Mozilla? I want to hopefully retain all my current mail and
newsgroup information, etc. Currently running 1.7.1 version. I also
have Firefox, but still prefer Mozilla. (ANYTHING but IE!!) ;-Deano

:: BRIAN ::

On 12/17/2004 6:45 AM Deano wrote:
> What are the caveats and best procedures to install the current
> version of Mozilla? I want to hopefully retain all my current mail and
> newsgroup information, etc. Currently running 1.7.1 version. I also
> have Firefox, but still prefer Mozilla. (ANYTHING but IE!!) ;-Deano

Download the new version; uninstall the old version; install the new
version.

Your mail and settings are stored in your profile, which is a folder
separate from the program folder so it will not get removed when you
uninstall. Depending on how they were installed, you may need to
reinstall all your extensions; they get removed when uninstalling the
program if they were installed to the program directory vs. your profile.
--
Brian

Email Info -
http://68.1.17.8/p0nykiller/email.htm

Advice on Upgrading of Section of LAN to Wireless Drew Wireless Networking 6 08-19-2005 06:48 PM
Laptop won't connect to internet after upgrading to SP2 =?Utf-8?B?am9obm55X3dheg==?= Wireless Networking 1 07-31-2005 02:35 AM
Video card Upgrading Poppn Hardware 15 07-09-2005 04:25 AM
Upgrading to high speed, FAQ? David Wireless Networking 4 11-09-2004 08:43 PM
Upgrading LadySpudz Firefox 2 05-04-2004 11:24 AM

Advertisments