Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > optimizing DropDownLists

optimizing DropDownLists

Alejandro Penate-Diaz

another question on optimization. could I just post back the selected value
of a dropdownlist? I have like three dropdownlists with lots of data, in the
same web form, problem is that is slowing down the loading process, so I
though that if I just send back to the server the selected value and not all
the data, then that will speed up my loading process.
any work around?

Thanks,
Alejandro.

Karl Seguin

Turn off viewstate and use Request.Form to get the selected value...

Karl

--
MY ASP.Net tutorials
annoying)
"Alejandro Penate-Diaz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> another question on optimization. could I just post back the selected

value
> of a dropdownlist? I have like three dropdownlists with lots of data, in

the
> same web form, problem is that is slowing down the loading process, so I
> though that if I just send back to the server the selected value and not

all
> the data, then that will speed up my loading process.
> any work around?
>
> Thanks,
> Alejandro.

reuse SQLDataReader in multiple dropdownlists? Craig Buchanan ASP .Net 4 01-15-2004 10:23 PM
Positioning in dropdownlists Peter J. Hunter ASP .Net 0 01-14-2004 04:13 AM
DropDownLists in XSLT Colin Basterfield ASP .Net 0 12-17-2003 01:48 AM
Multiple DropDownLists Darren ASP .Net 1 08-18-2003 06:57 AM
parent child dropdownlists acting oddly Craig Buchanan ASP .Net 1 06-27-2003 06:10 PM

Advertisments