Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Users Login

Users Login

Steven

I'm running an asp.net application where the users will login to view the
city maps. Every user will be assigned a different city map. So If user x
login, he will see only mapx. But the problem is ...

I open the page and login as x and I'm able to see the map correctly. I will
keep that page as it is and open a new page and login as y, but now I'm
seeing x's map. What could be the problem?

Thanks
Steven

Brock Allen

I suspect you're testng form the same client machine and you local browser
is just using the most recent authentication cookie issued.

-Brock
DevelopMentor
http://staff.develop.com/ballen

> I'm running an asp.net application where the users will login to view
> the city maps. Every user will be assigned a different city map. So If
> user x login, he will see only mapx. But the problem is ...
>
> I open the page and login as x and I'm able to see the map correctly.
> I will keep that page as it is and open a new page and login as y, but
> now I'm seeing x's map. What could be the problem?
>
> Thanks
> Steven

Steven

Yep! you are right and how can I resolve this issue?

- Steven

"Brock Allen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
> I suspect you're testng form the same client machine and you local browser
> is just using the most recent authentication cookie issued.
>
> -Brock
> DevelopMentor
> http://staff.develop.com/ballen
>

> > I'm running an asp.net application where the users will login to view
> > the city maps. Every user will be assigned a different city map. So If
> > user x login, he will see only mapx. But the problem is ...
> >
> > I open the page and login as x and I'm able to see the map correctly.
> > I will keep that page as it is and open a new page and login as y, but
> > now I'm seeing x's map. What could be the problem?
> >
> > Thanks
> > Steven

Brock Allen

If you run with two seperate copies of the browser (as opposed to starting
a second via New->Window from the first), and you don't set a persistent
authentication cookie, it should work.

-Brock
DevelopMentor
http://staff.develop.com/ballen

> Yep! you are right and how can I resolve this issue?
>
> - Steven
>
> "Brock Allen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
>
>> I suspect you're testng form the same client machine and you local
>> browser is just using the most recent authentication cookie issued.
>>
>> -Brock
>> DevelopMentor
>> http://staff.develop.com/ballen
>>> I'm running an asp.net application where the users will login to
>>> view the city maps. Every user will be assigned a different city
>>> map. So If user x login, he will see only mapx. But the problem is
>>>
>>> I open the page and login as x and I'm able to see the map
>>> correctly. I will keep that page as it is and open a new page and
>>> login as y, but now I'm seeing x's map. What could be the problem?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Steven

Steven

I tried opening new window (not from New--> window), but still having the
same problem .

Any suggestions