Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > a few newbie Q's

a few newbie Q's

Laughingfrog

Hello all in this NG.

Im brand new to FireFox an TB, and just have a few questions id love
answrs too...

I found out ( believe)how the junk setting work in TB, but the famed
junk folder i cant find anywhere, does it get thrown directly to thrash?
I only have my imported folders from OE, and i get all my mails in the
standard in-folder, (need to find out how to set it to divide my mails
in my various folders at a later time) including the junk marked ones.

Also, i downloaded the Butoons extension, and installed it, but have NO
new buttons or toolbars in TB, anyone?

Thanks in advance

Mikael

Posco

Laughingfrog wrote:
> Hello all in this NG.
>
> Im brand new to FireFox an TB, and just have a few questions id love
> answrs too...
>
> I found out ( believe)how the junk setting work in TB, but the famed
> junk folder i cant find anywhere, does it get thrown directly to thrash?
> I only have my imported folders from OE, and i get all my mails in the
> standard in-folder, (need to find out how to set it to divide my mails
> in my various folders at a later time) including the junk marked ones.
>
> Also, i downloaded the Butoons extension, and installed it, but have NO
> new buttons or toolbars in TB, anyone?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Mikael

To the last point, right click the toolbar where the buttons are, and
drag the buttons needed to the toolbar.

Posco

Laughingfrog

Posco wrote:
> Laughingfrog wrote:
>
>> Hello all in this NG.
>>
>> Im brand new to FireFox an TB, and just have a few questions id love
>> answrs too...
>>
>> I found out ( believe)how the junk setting work in TB, but the famed
>> junk folder i cant find anywhere, does it get thrown directly to
>> thrash? I only have my imported folders from OE, and i get all my
>> mails in the standard in-folder, (need to find out how to set it to
>> divide my mails in my various folders at a later time) including the
>> junk marked ones.
>>
>> Also, i downloaded the Butoons extension, and installed it, but have
>> NO new buttons or toolbars in TB, anyone?
>>
>> Thanks in advance
>>
>> Mikael

> To the last point, right click the toolbar where the buttons are, and
> drag the buttons needed to the toolbar.
>
> Posco

Thanks Posco, but doesnt work, or i might have misunderstood the
extension, id liek the Mark as read, and such options from the menu,
anyway to do this? and as i said, i didnt get any new toolbars, so also
missing the "next" and "previous" buttons i read someone referring to
with the Buttons ext.

Mikael

Leonidas Jones

Laughingfrog wrote:
> Hello all in this NG.
>
> Im brand new to FireFox an TB, and just have a few questions id love
> answrs too...
>
> I found out ( believe)how the junk setting work in TB, but the famed
> junk folder i cant find anywhere, does it get thrown directly to thrash?
> I only have my imported folders from OE, and i get all my mails in the
> standard in-folder, (need to find out how to set it to divide my mails
> in my various folders at a later time) including the junk marked ones.
>
> Also, i downloaded the Butoons extension, and installed it, but have NO
> new buttons or toolbars in TB, anyone?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Mikael

Tools>>Junk Mail Controls

Check the box for Move incoming messages determined to be jonu to:

and tick the radio button for Move them to the junk folder.

This will create te junk folder. If you don't take thse steps, the
messages will be marked as junk, but then they willl just sit there in
your inbox.

I've never used the Bottons extension, so I can't speak to it directly.
However, try View>>Toolbars>>Customize. Any buttons added by the
extension should be in the customize dialog window. Just drag them from
there to the toolbar location you desire.

Lee

Laughingfrog

Leonidas Jones wrote:
> Laughingfrog wrote:
>
>> Hello all in this NG.
>>
>> Im brand new to FireFox an TB, and just have a few questions id love
>> answrs too...
>>
>> I found out ( believe)how the junk setting work in TB, but the famed
>> junk folder i cant find anywhere, does it get thrown directly to
>> thrash? I only have my imported folders from OE, and i get all my
>> mails in the standard in-folder, (need to find out how to set it to
>> divide my mails in my various folders at a later time) including the
>> junk marked ones.
>>
>> Also, i downloaded the Butoons extension, and installed it, but have
>> NO new buttons or toolbars in TB, anyone?
>>
>> Thanks in advance
>>
>> Mikael

> Tools>>Junk Mail Controls
>
> Check the box for Move incoming messages determined to be jonu to:
>
> and tick the radio button for Move them to the junk folder.
>
> This will create te junk folder. If you don't take thse steps, the
> messages will be marked as junk, but then they willl just sit there in
> your inbox.
>
> I've never used the Bottons extension, so I can't speak to it directly.
> However, try View>>Toolbars>>Customize. Any buttons added by the
> extension should be in the customize dialog window. Just drag them from
> there to the toolbar location you desire.
>
> Lee

Lee, you are surely my savior.....

The Buttons icons are now in the Toolbars>>Customize section (which i
have to say, they wheren't before, weird.... But anyhow, thx mate, put
me one step further one the patrh to enlightenment...