Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Print button w/Firefox

Print button w/Firefox

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Andr=E9_Tuytschaver?=

Hi everyone,

How can I install a print button in Firefox's toolbar?
TIA
--
Cordialement,
________________

First Last

André Tuytschaver wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> How can I install a print button in Firefox's toolbar?
> TIA

it's already there. you can right click on the toolbar and select
customize, and then, you can drag the printer icon to any spot on your
toolbars.

--
http://home.earthlink.net/~id3ntific...evolution.html

First Last a écrit :
> André Tuytschaver wrote:
>
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> How can I install a print button in Firefox's toolbar?
>> TIA

> it's already there. you can right click on the toolbar and select
> customize, and then, you can drag the printer icon to any spot on your
> toolbars.

It works, thanks

--
Cordialement,
________________

First Last

André Tuytschaver wrote:
> First Last a écrit :
>
>> André Tuytschaver wrote:
>>
>>> Hi everyone,
>>>
>>> How can I install a print button in Firefox's toolbar?
>>> TIA

>> it's already there. you can right click on the toolbar and select
>> customize, and then, you can drag the printer icon to any spot on your
>> toolbars.
>>

> It works, thanks

you're welcome.

bstern

First Last wrote:
> André Tuytschaver wrote:
>
>> First Last a écrit :

>>> it's already there. you can right click on the toolbar and select
>>> customize, and then, you can drag the printer icon to any spot on
>>> your toolbars.
>>>

>> It works, thanks
>>

> you're welcome.

When I right click on the tool bar nothing happens...

GK

I get the following error at Checkfree web services using Firefox
version 1.0:

# The browser you are using is not currently supported by CheckFree Web
.. For best results and to ensure accuracy, we recommend you use one of
the following supported browsers:Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.5 or
later (download: Windows)
# Netscape Navigator 6.2 or later (download: Windows)
# AOL 9.0 (download: Windows)
# Apple Safari 1.2 or later (download: Macintosh)

The link is at https://www.checkfreeweb.com/cw41/wps?sp=CFWB2&rq=home

The site works fine, and I'm sure securely. The error bothers me,
nevertheless.

GK

::..BRIAN..::

(On 12/17/2004 7:40 AM) bstern wrote:
> First Last wrote:
>
>> André Tuytschaver wrote:

>>> It works, thanks
>>>

>> you're welcome.

> When I right click on the tool bar nothing happens...

Perhaps it's because you are using Mozilla, not Firefox. Why would you
want to add a "print" button in Mozilla--it's already there.

--
Brian

Email Info--
http://68.1.17.8/p0nykiller/email.htm

::..BRIAN..::

(On 12/18/2004 9:09 PM) GK wrote:
> I get the following error at Checkfree web services using Firefox
> version 1.0:
>
> # The browser you are using is not currently supported by CheckFree Web
> . For best results and to ensure accuracy, we recommend you use one of
> the following supported browsers:Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.5 or
> later (download: Windows)
> # Netscape Navigator 6.2 or later (download: Windows)
> # AOL 9.0 (download: Windows)
> # Apple Safari 1.2 or later (download: Macintosh)
>
> The link is at https://www.checkfreeweb.com/cw41/wps?sp=CFWB2&rq=home
>
> The site works fine, and I'm sure securely. The error bothers me,
> nevertheless.
>
> GK

A Mozilla problem why? Try contacting the web site creator, who is
using a crap browser detection script.

--
Brian

Email Info--
http://68.1.17.8/p0nykiller/email.htm

GK

Actually, it's a very reliable website. I like Mozilla, but I'm not
naive enough to expect that it's perfection at every step. There's
obviously some problem.

::..BRIAN..:: wrote:
> (On 12/18/2004 9:09 PM) GK wrote:
>
>> I get the following error at Checkfree web services using Firefox
>> version 1.0:
>>
>> # The browser you are using is not currently supported by CheckFree
>> Web . For best results and to ensure accuracy, we recommend you use
>> one of the following supported browsers:Microsoft Internet Explorer
>> 5.5 or later (download: Windows)
>> # Netscape Navigator 6.2 or later (download: Windows)
>> # AOL 9.0 (download: Windows)
>> # Apple Safari 1.2 or later (download: Macintosh)
>>
>> The link is at https://www.checkfreeweb.com/cw41/wps?sp=CFWB2&rq=home
>>
>> The site works fine, and I'm sure securely. The error bothers me,
>> nevertheless.
>>
>> GK

> A Mozilla problem why? Try contacting the web site creator, who is
> using a crap browser detection script.

:: BRIAN ::

--top posting for consistency--

It has nothing to do with Mozilla being perfect--at *any* step. Your
right, there is a problem, but it's has nothing to do with Mozilla.

I don't think you understood my original comment. Nowhere in my post
did I say the website was unreliable; I said they are using a shitty
detection script or method, and/or are ignorant about Mozilla/Firefox.

If they allow Netscape (as the "error" states), then Mozilla/Firefox
will work perfectly. The link provided to download Netscape clearly
says "Netscape is built from Mozilla". The only difference is that some
versions of Netscape support ActiveX. However, this doesn't matter in
this situation because they accept version 6.2+, which is not a version
that supports ActiveX. Regardless of whether or not Netscape does or
does not do ActiveX, you've already said the website "works fine", so
obviously ActiveX is not vital to website operation and is not an issue,
further proving that Mozilla/Firefox is supported in operation and
should be added to the detection routine.

So if the "error" bothers you, then you need to mention it to the
website contact, otherwise you need to learn to ignore it... because
it's not a Mozilla or Firefox problem--period--and the *only* way it's
going to go away is by CheckFreeWeb fixing their page.

Alternatively, you could install the User Agent extension, and set it to
one of the "acceptable" browsers. This isn't going to change the way
Mozilla/Firefox operates, but at least the website will think you are
using one of the "accepted" browsers. However, you'll need to set the
UA every time you visit the site.

If you decide to use UA, then here is a website with many different UA
(feel free to compare Netscape and Mozilla):
http://www.zytrax.com/tech/web/browser_ids.htm

Brian
(proper signature can't be added because of top-posting)