Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Check for numeric value in a textbox

Check for numeric value in a textbox

Kiran

Hi,

How can I check whether the value entered in a textbox is numeric without
doing a postback

Kiran

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

This article shows how to use javascript to limit numeric data entry only in
a textbox:
http://SteveOrr.net/articles/InheritAndExtend.aspx

--
I hope this helps,
Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP

"Kiran" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> How can I check whether the value entered in a textbox is numeric without
> doing a postback
>
> Kiran

Kiran

Hi Steve,

This way doesn't allow me to enter decimal value.

Thanks
Kiran

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...