Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Parse error message

Parse error message

Roland Hall

I've cross-posted a few groups because I'm not sure where to post this. I'm
sure if I'm in the wrong area, someone will be more than happy to tell me
where to go. (O:=

I've turned my web.config friendly error messages off and it may be easier
to view what I'm experiencing than try to translate it.

Here's the error:

Line 1: <%@ Application Codebehind="Global.asax.vb"
Inherits="netfraud.us.Global" %>

Here's the line in the global.asax:

<%@ Application Codebehind="Global.asax.vb" Inherits="netfraud.us.Global" %>

It was much worse but I am at this point now. I had Access forbidden and
Access Denied. FPSE 2K2 and I went round and round.

I have a subdomain: forums.netfraud.us which, during my battle with FPSE,
was down. It removed, or I told it to remove my RX (script only) settings
for the site. It now works again. The subdomain is actually
\webroot\forums. I don't know why I'm have such a mental block with .NET
and VS.2K3. Perhaps it is all the years of VS 6 and Classic ASP. Any
pointers to some reference for basic understanding and step through configs
would also be helpful. All references I have found are complicated configs.
They're not too technical, they just don't apply and the MSFT articles don't
seem to have much in them or it's How-To, but not What-To-Do when How-To
fails.
Ex. http://support.microsoft.com/default...297954&sd=tech

TIA...

Roland