Showing results 1 to 25 of 32
Search took 0 seconds.
Search: Posts Made By: torontolife
Forum: General Computer Support 06-04-2009
Replies: 5
Posted By torontolife
That's spanish for 'Bernie deleted your files'. I...

That's spanish for 'Bernie deleted your files'. I think this is spread by outlook. Use HijackThis if all else fails.
Forum: General Computer Support 06-04-2009
Replies: 3
Posted By torontolife
The current your fans draw should not exceed the...

The current your fans draw should not exceed the max current of the adaptor. Else it will burn.

The adaptor is nothing but a transformer and rectifier. By the way in series the fans are 12+12 = 24...
Forum: General Computer Support 06-04-2009
Replies: 4
Posted By torontolife
freshly installed unpatched windows gets infected...

freshly installed unpatched windows gets infected within 14 minutes after you connect to the internet.

make sure you get all the service packs and a nice firewall, antispyware and antivirus
Forum: General Computer Support 06-04-2009
Replies: 4
Posted By torontolife
Sorry, the correct link to the JIMI Software...

Sorry, the correct link to the JIMI Software Development Kit is
java.sun.com/products/jimi/

you can also look at the Java Advanced Imaging API...
Forum: General Computer Support 06-04-2009
Replies: 4
Posted By torontolife
Use the JIMI library ...

Use the JIMI library
java.sun.com/products/java-media/jai/forDevelopers/jaifaq.html
Forum: General Computer Support 06-04-2009
Replies: 1
Posted By torontolife
use any USB cable, they are all compatible....

use any USB cable, they are all compatible. borrow from a neighbour or something.
Forum: General Computer Support 06-04-2009
Replies: 2
Posted By torontolife
You might be able to retrieve the image from your...

You might be able to retrieve the image from your browser's local cache / temporary files folder if you really need it.
Forum: General Computer Support 06-04-2009
Replies: 3
Posted By torontolife
Firstly I think you can easily format the...

Firstly I think you can easily format the required partition when you boot up in XP even.

Secondly, I would advise that you rename the volume label of the C: drive to something like FORMAT or...
Forum: General Computer Support 06-04-2009
Replies: 4
Posted By torontolife
As lifetweaker says, 'auto arrange' is the...

As lifetweaker says, 'auto arrange' is the problem. and yes, this is a feature, not a bug :)
Forum: General Computer Support 06-04-2009
Replies: 2
Posted By torontolife
You can copy the pages, but you also need to make...

You can copy the pages, but you also need to make a copy of the database, and then update the connection settings in your test site. Else you will mess up your original site.
Forum: General Computer Support 06-04-2009
Replies: 1
Posted By torontolife
Lenses are not at all compatible across brands,...

Lenses are not at all compatible across brands, as each manufacturer has their own mount. Some manufacturrers will make compatible products, for example a Tamron lens will fit an older Nikon mount.
Forum: General Computer Support 06-04-2009
Replies: 1
Posted By torontolife
Don't reinvent the wheel, use a library instead! ...

Don't reinvent the wheel, use a library instead!

dom4j and JDOM are two nice XML libraries for Java, and you can parse XML as simply as calling a function.

See dom4j.org and jdom.org (sorry, I...
Forum: The Lounge 06-04-2009
Replies: 4
Posted By torontolife
Your internal IP is negotiated between your...

Your internal IP is negotiated between your computer and your local router. It should be simple to change it, as most routers will accept any value you set as long as it's not already taken by any...
Forum: The Lounge 06-04-2009
Replies: 3
Posted By torontolife
Hey fellow mac user, howdy! Glad to meet another...

Hey fellow mac user, howdy! Glad to meet another person who enjoys the finer things in life.
Forum: The Lounge 06-04-2009
Replies: 10
Poll: hello
Posted By torontolife
Most well-thought out poll I've seen in eons.

Most well-thought out poll I've seen in eons.
Forum: The Lounge 06-04-2009
Replies: 3
Posted By torontolife
You can increase your earning potential by...

You can increase your earning potential by teaching yourself languages like Ruby. Especially with the RoR (Ruby on Rails) framework, Ruby is one of the highest paying web development languages -...
Forum: The Lounge 06-04-2009
Replies: 2
Posted By torontolife
Well it says "bwdp.org has been superceded by...

Well it says "bwdp.org has been superceded by bwdp.org.uk". It's good that your key ideas from 2005 are maturing in 2009. Motivated much?
Forum: The Lounge 06-04-2009
Replies: 6
Posted By torontolife
When the market is good and bullish, all systems...

When the market is good and bullish, all systems are profitable. One system might outperform another by a slight margin, not much.

When the outlook is bearish however that is when all 'systems'...
Forum: The Lounge 06-04-2009
Replies: 2
Posted By torontolife
GnuCash is a good personal accounting and finance...

GnuCash is a good personal accounting and finance software. It's GPL and free. Also check out mint.com which is interesting, it has tools for your finance management needs and is free.
Forum: The Lounge 06-04-2009
Replies: 1
Posted By torontolife
Certmagic are okay but expensive. Best to do...

Certmagic are okay but expensive. Best to do braindumps yourself if you have the dedication.
Forum: The Lounge 06-04-2009
Replies: 11
Posted By torontolife
Definitely just look on the Gmail site for POP...

Definitely just look on the Gmail site for POP settings. Any provider (gmail, hotmail) who allows POP3 or IMAP access, you can retreive and send mail from outlook.
Forum: The Lounge 06-04-2009
Replies: 2
Posted By torontolife
if it's already displayed as HTML, I think it...

if it's already displayed as HTML, I think it would be simple to cache those html files somewhere and just e-mail a link to the customer?
Forum: The Lounge 06-04-2009
Replies: 3
Posted By torontolife
Sure, look at digitalpoint forums or ozzu...

Sure, look at digitalpoint forums or ozzu webmaster forums, they have a lot of SEO gyaan.
Forum: The Lounge 06-04-2009
Replies: 5
Posted By torontolife
What language are you planning to use? Remember...

What language are you planning to use? Remember that FileZilla is a good open source FTP client, and you can always take a look at it's source code.

That would be a good place to start in the big...
Forum: The Lounge 06-04-2009
Replies: 3
Posted By torontolife
Wow, reading your post I realized I haven't...

Wow, reading your post I realized I haven't actually switched off my laptop in months. although I use the software that came with my ralink card.
Showing results 1 to 25 of 32

Forum Jump

Advertisments