Showing results 1 to 25 of 86
Search took 0.03 seconds.
Search: Posts Made By: MarkSatterfield
Forum: Hardware 01-31-2010
Replies: 1
Posted By MarkSatterfield
Load balancing is one reason -- that is, the size...

Load balancing is one reason -- that is, the size of the network.

You might consider it like one would consider a home stereo system. An integrated amp/radio/cdplayer/dvd/whatever may provide...
Forum: Hardware 01-31-2010
Replies: 11
Posted By MarkSatterfield
Nice trick. I was thinking the same. How...

Nice trick. I was thinking the same.

How did the user finally fix the problem?

--Mark

http://www.marksatterfield.com
Forum: Hardware 01-31-2010
Replies: 11
Posted By MarkSatterfield
Nice trick. I was thinking the same. How...

Nice trick. I was thinking the same.

How did the user finally fix the problem?

--Mark

http://www.marksatterfield.com
Forum: Hardware 01-31-2010
Replies: 1
Posted By MarkSatterfield
In XP: Control Panel - System - Advanced -...

In XP:

Control Panel - System - Advanced - Performance - Settings

On Performance options,
Click Advanced - Virtual Memory - Change

Then make the numbers bigger, or change to System Managed...
Forum: Hardware 01-31-2010
Replies: 1
Posted By MarkSatterfield
Well, not much to go on... but try two things -- ...

Well, not much to go on... but try two things --

1) Physical network: Confirm that the Cable Modem is plugged into the WAN port of the DI-524, not one of the switch plugs.
2) Logical network: ...
Forum: Hardware 01-31-2010
Replies: 2
Posted By MarkSatterfield
You may be in luck... but it will be some work. ...

You may be in luck... but it will be some work. Here's the Microsoft article on the subject:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/245725

Most appropriate approach, though, is to use a backup -- if...
Forum: Hardware 01-31-2010
Replies: 3
Posted By MarkSatterfield
Hmm.... never good. Well, the short answer...

Hmm.... never good.

Well, the short answer is there is not an easy way for the home user to rebuild a hard drive. Unfortunately, the required tolerances are just too limiting.

However, you may...
Forum: Hardware 01-31-2010
Replies: 3
Posted By MarkSatterfield
Hmm... never good. So I'm not aware of any...

Hmm... never good.

So I'm not aware of any inexpensive ways to rebuild a hard drive. Unfortunately, the tolerances required do not bode well for the home user.

However, you may look into the...
Forum: General Computer Support 04-19-2009
Replies: 2
Posted By MarkSatterfield
Likely the list of products was stored as linked...

Likely the list of products was stored as linked images to another site, so if those images are replaced the "original" email appears modified. Note, though, that the original email is not really...
Forum: General Computer Support 04-19-2009
Replies: 3
Posted By MarkSatterfield
I'd run the fans in series through the 15V DC...

I'd run the fans in series through the 15V DC power supply. Speed will be less than "full" but that will also mean that the fans will be quiet.

If in parallel, 15V may burn up the fans.

--Mark...
Forum: General Computer Support 04-19-2009
Replies: 3
Posted By MarkSatterfield
I'd run the fans in series through the 15V DC...

I'd run the fans in series through the 15V DC power supply. Speed will be less than "full" but that will also mean that the fans will be quiet.

If in parallel, 15V may burn up the fans.

--Mark
Forum: Hardware 03-02-2009
Replies: 2
Posted By MarkSatterfield
Likely, no. The USB circuitry is not...

Likely, no. The USB circuitry is not input/output. With that said, there may be some laptop out there somewhere that is able to do this; however, it is again, likely no.

--Mark
Forum: Hardware 03-02-2009
Replies: 2
Posted By MarkSatterfield
Likely, no. The USB circuitry is not...

Likely, no. The USB circuitry is not input/output. With that said, there may be some laptop out there somewhere that is able to do this; however, it is again, likely no.

--Mark
Forum: Hardware 03-02-2009
Replies: 2
Posted By MarkSatterfield
Well, you've only got a few options: *...

Well, you've only got a few options:

* Somehow get power on your laptop. Buy a power supply -- or make one. Borrow a friends?
* Put the hard drive in someone else's computer.
* Buy an external...
Forum: Hardware 03-02-2009
Replies: 2
Posted By MarkSatterfield
Well, you've only got a few options: *...

Well, you've only got a few options:

* Somehow get power on your laptop. Buy a power supply -- or make one. Borrow a friends?
* Put the hard drive in someone else's computer.
* Buy an external...
Forum: General Computer Support 03-02-2009
Replies: 2
Posted By MarkSatterfield
You likely turned on the numeric keyboard. On my...

You likely turned on the numeric keyboard. On my HP, it is turned on via <fn><end/num lk>.

Look on your keys, and you will likely notice a highlighted/superscripted number on the keys that are...
Forum: General Computer Support 03-02-2009
Replies: 2
Posted By MarkSatterfield
You likely turned on the numeric keyboard. On my...

You likely turned on the numeric keyboard. On my HP, it is turned on via <fn><end/num lk>.

Look on your keys, and you will likely notice a highlighted/superscripted number on the keys that are...
Forum: Software 02-01-2009
Replies: 3
Posted By MarkSatterfield
Fixed the problem by installing IE8rc1. ...

Fixed the problem by installing IE8rc1.

--Mark

http://www.marksatterfield.com
Forum: Software 02-01-2009
Replies: 3
Posted By MarkSatterfield
Fixed the problem by installing IE8rc1. ...

Fixed the problem by installing IE8rc1.

--Mark

http://www.marksatterfield.com
Forum: Software 02-01-2009
Replies: 3
Posted By MarkSatterfield
Fixed the problem by installing IE8rc1. ...

Fixed the problem by installing IE8rc1.

--Mark
Forum: General Computer Support 01-27-2009
Replies: 1
Posted By MarkSatterfield
Initial suggestion would be that your friend is...

Initial suggestion would be that your friend is using his own SMTP server and is using NAT behind a firewall. Therefore, the IP address is the SMTP server that happens to be a private IP address...
Forum: General Computer Support 01-27-2009
Replies: 2
Posted By MarkSatterfield
Could be your internet provider. I've had several...

Could be your internet provider. I've had several issues with ATT in South Florida. When you reboot the router, are you also rebooting your customer premise device?

You might try opening a DOS...
Forum: General Computer Support 01-27-2009
Replies: 2
Posted By MarkSatterfield
Could be your internet provider. I've had...

Could be your internet provider. I've had several issues with ATT in South Florida. When you reboot the router, are you also rebooting your customer premise device?

You might try opening a DOS...
Forum: General Computer Support 01-27-2009
Replies: 3
Posted By MarkSatterfield
Lock up on a computer that is several years old....

Lock up on a computer that is several years old. Hmm... Well, check a few things.

* Is it a virus of some kind? Try TrendMicro's free online Housecall scanner.

* Is it an out of date driver,...
Forum: General Computer Support 01-27-2009
Replies: 3
Posted By MarkSatterfield
Lock up on a computer that is several years old. ...

Lock up on a computer that is several years old. Hmm... Well, check a few things.

* Is it a virus of some kind? Try TrendMicro's free online Housecall scanner.

* Is it an out of date...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 86

Forum Jump

Advertisments