Showing results 1 to 25 of 100
Search took 0.03 seconds.
Search: Posts Made By: bigal
Forum: Case Modding 12-27-2011
Replies: 273
Posted By bigal
Gaming has never been better...

I wanted Serious Sam 3 for Christmas but nobody got it for me. :dontknow:

So I got on my Steam account and found the game, along with Serious Sam 2 and the original game too. Got those...
Forum: Case Modding 12-27-2011
Replies: 8
Posted By bigal
Scan-a-Tron is now Scan-a-Tron-2

Hey guys, I upgraded Scan-a-Tron earlier this year with another laptop body, this time an e-Machines 6502 (AMD Athlon 64 processor, single core). You can see more pictures at Big Al's Computers -...
Forum: Case Modding 09-05-2011
Replies: 8
Posted By bigal
Thanks Elktron. The machine is still running on...

Thanks Elktron. The machine is still running on my work bench and provides Internet access to forums like this one.
Forum: Case Modding 09-05-2011
Replies: 273
Posted By bigal
It might interest everyone to know that...

It might interest everyone to know that OsbornAgain has been rebuilt again - now it sports a Quad-core AMD CPU and an NVidia 560 Duke Nukem Forever edition video card. This machine keeps going and...
Forum: The Lounge 11-26-2009
Replies: 126
Posted By bigal
I haven't paid attention to the new version, but...

I haven't paid attention to the new version, but I did see it for sale at our local Best Buy. We've been playing Call of Duty 4 on our LAN. Check out the pictures taken during a few of the gaming...
Forum: General Computer Support 09-17-2009
Replies: 3
Posted By bigal
I suspect the built-in networking in your laptop...

I suspect the built-in networking in your laptop is going down the tubes. You might consider buying a plug-in wireless card (like a wireless G cardbus or PCMCA or USB solution) and disable the...
Forum: Hardware 09-17-2009
Replies: 4
Posted By bigal
If money is no issue, go with two WD...

If money is no issue, go with two WD VelociRaptors in a Raid 0 configuration (striping), followed by a data drive. Make sure you configure your applications to save data files on the data drive. ...
Forum: Hardware 09-10-2009
Replies: 3
Posted By bigal
That's why you need to uninstall the motherboard...

That's why you need to uninstall the motherboard chipset drivers from the old motherboard and be ready to install the new motherboard chipset drivers once you connect the drive to the new system. ...
Forum: Case Modding 09-10-2009
Replies: 23
Posted By bigal
That depends on the type of interface it...

That depends on the type of interface it requires. It's a pain to configure a custom interface if the signals need to be at different voltage levels and such. I like to deal with simple connections...
Forum: Hardware 09-08-2009
Replies: 3
Posted By bigal
PC Gamer wrote an article a few years ago on how...

PC Gamer wrote an article a few years ago on how to use the OS on an existing hard drive with a new computer. I tried it once and it did work. The trick is to uninstall motherboard-unique software...
Forum: Front Page News 03-06-2009
Replies: 9
Posted By bigal
Ok. I'll look for it this weekend.

Ok. I'll look for it this weekend.
Forum: Front Page News 03-06-2009
Replies: 9
Posted By bigal
That figures. So I have a 32-bit version that is...

That figures. So I have a 32-bit version that is good for a couple of installs. I need to find somebody with a 64-bit version that I can trade with. I have a 64-bit key so once you are in the...
Forum: Front Page News 03-05-2009
Replies: 9
Posted By bigal
Thanks. I wish I could afford it but it has been...

Thanks. I wish I could afford it but it has been a year since I built my last system - I've waited long enough, right? Anyway, I am running the 32-bit version of Windows 7 beta on an old Athlon XP...
Forum: Front Page News 03-04-2009
Replies: 9
Posted By bigal
It's 1920 X 1200. I've just purchased a few...

It's 1920 X 1200. I've just purchased a few parts for this new system - the AMD (of course) Phenom II 940 and a WD 1 TB HD (black edition). I have the Zalman 9900 CPU cooler arriving today. I...
Forum: Front Page News 03-03-2009
Replies: 9
Posted By bigal
I'll be in the market for a nice video card in a...

I'll be in the market for a nice video card in a few months. I'm thinking about the nVidia 285 as a single card solution to drive a 25.5" panel. I wonder how well this iChill GTX 260 will do the...
Forum: Case Modding 02-25-2009
Replies: 9
Posted By bigal
Looking good. How about adding some purple LEDs...

Looking good. How about adding some purple LEDs to the mix? I think they go well with blue lights.
Forum: Hardware 02-25-2009
Replies: 0
Posted By bigal
Thinking about building a new machine this summer....

.....but it will be an AMD computer so no suggestions on Intel CPUs are requested. I am thinking about using an existing case, 750W PSU and perhaps an optical drive (all spares) to build out a...
Forum: Hardware 02-25-2009
Replies: 1
Posted By bigal
Just normal for HP software...

I've experienced several issues with HP printers not deleting their print jobs, even one case where the CPU usage would go up to 100% after a few minutes because the printer wasn't connected to the...
Forum: Reviews & How-To's 01-24-2009
Replies: 53
Posted By bigal
Gourab - Are you asking me to review an exam...

Gourab - Are you asking me to review an exam preparation web site? I've never heard of those certifications, but if they are providing you similar questions and answers that you would find in the...
Forum: Case Modding 01-24-2009
Replies: 4
Posted By bigal
Thanks. The thing about case modding is that you...

Thanks. The thing about case modding is that you never know where to start the first time you try it. After building a few standard computers I felt comfortable in building my own cases out of...
Forum: Hardware 12-14-2008
Replies: 3
Posted By bigal
I looked at...

I looked at http://www.msicomputer.com/product/p_list.asp?class=mb&cpu=1
but I didn't see your model number. In one of the forum links I found when searching on "Micro Star Model MS 6577", I found...
Forum: The Lounge 12-06-2008
Replies: 143
Posted By bigal
I'm going to hit the big 50 in January! Since...

I'm going to hit the big 50 in January! Since I'm coming up on my mid-life crisis, I elected to ask for a chopper which my wife bought for me 9 months early. Check out this page for some pictures: ...
Forum: Hardware 12-06-2008
Replies: 4
Posted By bigal
I recommend you pull one of the current memory...

I recommend you pull one of the current memory sticks and look at the parameters of the RAM. It may be CL2 or CL3. You need to either stay at those ratings or go to lower numbers but not higher...
Forum: Hardware 12-06-2008
Replies: 1
Posted By bigal
Good luck with this question. Even I don't...

Good luck with this question. Even I don't understand what you are doing and I'm an MSEE. How about some more background on the tools you are using? Do you have some links?
Forum: Hardware 12-06-2008
Replies: 3
Posted By bigal
I think these could be chipset drivers that you...

I think these could be chipset drivers that you are missing. Do you have a disk for the motherboard? It usually contains a section for chipset drivers. Look at the motherboard manufacturer's site...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 100

Forum Jump

Advertisments