Showing results 1 to 25 of 34
Search took 0 seconds.
Search: Posts Made By: sdunn96
Forum: Cisco 12-14-2010
Replies: 2
Posted By sdunn96
Sounds to me like a Cisco PIX or ASA would be...

Sounds to me like a Cisco PIX or ASA would be better suited for the job than a router.

But if you have a router, you can get Cisco's SDM installed on most of them and it helps w/ the configuration.
Forum: Cisco 11-19-2010
Replies: 5
Posted By sdunn96
That has been the conclusion I have been coming...

That has been the conclusion I have been coming to as well. :(

So I have been trying to figure out if I can rig another way in doing what I want to do.
But no such luck.

I saw one post saying...
Forum: Cisco 11-18-2010
Replies: 5
Posted By sdunn96
Anybody have any ideas on this either? I am...

Anybody have any ideas on this either?
I am trying to do the same thing.

I have IPSec tunnel between two sites, both phave PIX 515E's.
I have remote access VPN Clients that connect to one site....
Forum: Cisco 11-10-2010
Replies: 1
Posted By sdunn96
Ok, got it figured out. Sheesh, Firewall rules...

Ok, got it figured out.
Sheesh, Firewall rules are dang confusing.

For PIX OS 7.2(1)
Make sure you have told it that interfaces having the same security level are allowed to pass traffic.
This...
Forum: Cisco 11-10-2010
Replies: 1
Posted By sdunn96
PIX 515e Traffic between DMZ Interfaces

How do you set up this thing up so I can ping a host (10.77.0.4) on one DMZ interface (Security Level 4) to a host (10.76.0.3) on the other DMZ interface (Security Level 4)??

I have told the pix...
Forum: Cisco 11-05-2010
Replies: 2
Posted By sdunn96
If you are doing trunking between switches, ...

If you are doing trunking between switches,
Then I think you do want to get rid of switchport access vlan 200
and do a switch port mode trunk

Also VTP has to be enabled.
Forum: Cisco 11-05-2010
Replies: 0
Posted By sdunn96
PIX 515e and Multiple Networks

I am in the process of segmenting one of my LANs at work.

So we have a PIX 515e w/ the 4 port E-net card.

Is it possible to set up a Site-to-Site VPN Tunnel to access the 3 LANs I am going to...
Forum: Cisco 11-05-2010
Replies: 1
Posted By sdunn96
I have a PIX 515e at work (2 locations) I am...

I have a PIX 515e at work (2 locations)
I am currently using a NetGear at home and have setup 2 VPN tunnels using AES-256 going to both sites.
Forum: Cisco 11-08-2008
Replies: 1
Posted By sdunn96
Probably in the wrong forum to ask for that.........

Probably in the wrong forum to ask for that......

Cisco related stuff here. ;)
Forum: Cisco 11-08-2008
Replies: 4
Posted By sdunn96
Oh, and I would just use the keyword "ip" in the...

Oh, and I would just use the keyword "ip" in the access list, disregard my earlier statment.

So something like

access-list 102 permit ip host 10.10.2.2 host 172.16.5.5
Forum: Cisco 11-08-2008
Replies: 4
Posted By sdunn96
If it is a one to one, then you can specify...

If it is a one to one, then you can specify single hosts in the access_list.

Specify host before the first computer (source) and then specify host for the second computer (dest.)
Forum: Cisco 11-07-2008
Replies: 1
Posted By sdunn96
On my pix 515e, you have to use a protocol fix-up...

On my pix 515e, you have to use a protocol fix-up to adjust the port from its default.

You will have to set the internal IP 192.168.1.2 to a static setting, not dynamic.

But those static...
Forum: Cisco 11-06-2008
Replies: 0
Posted By sdunn96
Cisco 1720 and Cable Modem

Can not get my cable modem to give my 1720 WIC 0 card an IP.

Looking at debug output
It is acquiring a 10.2.240.8 IP from 172.19.33.191 address.....
Nothing on my LAN is configured w/ those IPs....
Forum: Cisco 11-06-2008
Replies: 4
Posted By sdunn96
access-list access_list_name extended permit tcp...

access-list access_list_name extended permit tcp any any

and do that for each service....
tcp, icmp, udp, etc....

I think that should work.
Forum: Cisco 11-06-2008
Replies: 1
Posted By sdunn96
I think on the routers you push F5....and it will...

I think on the routers you push F5....and it will go into ROMMON

May be the same for switches.
Forum: Cisco 11-06-2008
Replies: 3
Posted By sdunn96
Yep, w/ multiple VLANs you will need a router on...

Yep, w/ multiple VLANs you will need a router on a stick.
Forum: Cisco 11-06-2008
Replies: 5
Posted By sdunn96
So looks like it gives the ability to direct...

So looks like it gives the ability to direct traffic down a certain pipe.
Forum: Hardware 10-31-2008
Replies: 2
Posted By sdunn96
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/21269-42-cisco-5...

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/21269-42-cisco-515e-problem-ping-inside-outside

See if that helps
Forum: Hardware 10-31-2008
Replies: 2
Posted By sdunn96
You should I think be able to ping from the...

You should I think be able to ping from the inside to the outside.
Forum: Hardware 10-31-2008
Replies: 1
Posted By sdunn96
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t641937-cisc...

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t641937-cisco-2600xm-cant-connect-to-internet.html

I put up some suggestions to your post there.
Forum: Cisco 10-31-2008
Replies: 7
List of Various configs on diff. platforms ...

List of Various configs on diff. platforms
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk648/tk361/tk438/tsd_technology_support_sub-protocol_home.html

Basic Nat config and overview...
Forum: Cisco 10-31-2008
Replies: 7
Posted By sdunn96
A couple links to check out. Basic NAT...

A couple links to check out.

Basic NAT Configuration and Overview
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk648/tk361/technologies_tech_note09186a0080094e77.shtml

List of Various configs on...
Forum: Cisco 10-31-2008
Replies: 7
Posted By sdunn96
Other things to note. When you ping an...

Other things to note.

When you ping an address.....it uses the interface that is in that network to ping from.

So if you ping your telco's gateway, then the Outside interface (the one w/ the IP...
Forum: Cisco 10-31-2008
Replies: 7
Posted By sdunn96
For my office we are using Windows 2000 Server...

For my office we are using Windows 2000 Server and IAS.
Forum: Cisco 10-31-2008
Replies: 7
Posted By sdunn96
There is a program call config maker, made by...

There is a program call config maker, made by cisco.
cmaker_"version Number".exe is the name of it.....

I think you can use him w/ 2600's

He can talk w/ him via TCP/IP or Console...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 34

Forum Jump

Advertisments