Velocity Reviews

-   -   Palm Sync (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t9998-palm-sync.html)

Monkey Demon 12-14-2004 07:03 AM

Palm Sync

Hello all - first post here.

I've been looking for a Thunderbird 1.0 extension which will allow me to
sync the contacts from my Treo 600 with the Mozilla address book. I
have found some info on the subject online, but it's curiously very
scarce and mostly a year old and meant for older versions of TBird.

I can't figure out why this isn't a more pressing issue for fans of
TBird who are anxious to make a full switch from Outlook but rely very
heavily on the ability to keep their contacts mobile.

Can anyone shed any light on a reliable extension, or failing that,
point me in the direction of a project in the works?

Thanks, and I apologize if for some of you this is beating a dead horse.

Chris

heim 12-16-2004 12:44 AM

Re: Palm Sync

Monkey Demon wrote:
> Hello all - first post here.
>
> I've been looking for a Thunderbird 1.0 extension which will allow me to
> sync the contacts from my Treo 600 with the Mozilla address book. I
> have found some info on the subject online, but it's curiously very
> scarce and mostly a year old and meant for older versions of TBird.
>
> I can't figure out why this isn't a more pressing issue for fans of
> TBird who are anxious to make a full switch from Outlook but rely very
> heavily on the ability to keep their contacts mobile.
>
> Can anyone shed any light on a reliable extension, or failing that,
> point me in the direction of a project in the works?
>
> Thanks, and I apologize if for some of you this is beating a dead horse.
>
> Chris

This post will not answer your question, but please explain why you want
to sync your PDA to this email client? I thought I read somewhere
Mozilla was trying to develop calendaring to merge with TB. Until that
time, I suppose you want to sync your PDA with the email addresses?

Other than that there is some verbage in the TB Help/FAQ which I believe
I read.