Velocity Reviews

-   -   Save contents of iframe from parent's save button (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t99895-save-contents-of-iframe-from-parents-save-button.html)

user 04-04-2005 07:34 PM

Save contents of iframe from parent's save button

I have a parent aspx page with a few iframes. Each of the iframes show
an aspx page with a datagrid whose rows all show editable entry fields
at all times. The user can enter values into the parent page's form and
into the iframes' datagrids and then press a save button on the parent
page.

My question is: from the parent's Save_Click event in the code-behind,
how do I call the SaveGrid procedures I've written on each of the
iframe pages in order to save each grid to the dataset when the parent
page is saved? Is this possible?

Bruce Barker 04-04-2005 07:44 PM

Re: Save contents of iframe from parent's save button

in client code, you need to do a form submit for each iframe you want to
save data from. you need to get the child posts done before the parent
actuall posts, as a parent postback will cancel the iframe postbacks. you
can capture the iframe onload events, and when all have reloaded, do the
parent postback.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

news:1112643294.839696.238930@l41g2000cwc.googlegr oups.com...