Velocity Reviews

-   -   Importing TB back to OE (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t9966-importing-tb-back-to-oe.html)

azscrewdriver 12-10-2004 08:17 PM

Importing TB back to OE

Is there anyway to import TB emails back to OE?

heim 12-10-2004 10:30 PM

Re: Importing TB back to OE

azscrewdriver wrote:
> Is there anyway to import TB emails back to OE?

Here is a URL from the TB FAQ. Look under migration of messages.
Didn't a copy of the messages stay in OE when you migrated them to TB?

http://texturizer.net/thunderbird/fa...profilemanager

Good Luck

azscrewdriver 12-10-2004 11:11 PM

Re: Importing TB back to OE

yes but I later deleted them. I had a backup 2 months old. So I have to
either get all the emails from Tbird or only the last 2 months. Either way
there are 2 weeks of messages in Tbird I didnt have in OE.

Ralph Fox 12-11-2004 02:00 AM

Re: Importing TB back to OE

On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 14:17:36 -0600, in message
<41ba030b$1_1@news.vic.com>, azscrewdriver wrote:

> Is there anyway to import TB emails back to OE?

Generally speaking, apps are more likely to provide the ability to
_import_ from equivalent apps made by other software manufacturers,
and are less likely to provide _export_. (It's called reducing the
entry costs, not reducing the exit costs).

Ask Microsoft why MS-OE doesn't provide an import from Thunderbird
(or generally from Unix mbox file format).

Or ask in an OE newsgroup.

And on another line, I wonder whether "The Bat" users get annoyed when
people use TB for Thunderbird and not "The Bat".

--
Cheers,
Ralph

somewhere else." -- Sam Walton

azscrewdriver 12-11-2004 02:19 AM

Re: Importing TB back to OE

that helped
thanks

"Ralph Fox" <ralphfralphf@xtraxtra.coco.nznz.undo-echo.invalid> wrote in
message news:3hkkr0lkuvdk7encr87ji0841sd9mii6gq@news02.tsn z.net...

Ralph Fox 12-11-2004 02:59 AM

Re: Importing TB back to OE

On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 20:19:58 -0600, in message
<41ba57f7$1_1@news.vic.com>, azscrewdriver wrote:

> that helped

Really?

It was intended as an observation on the modus operandi of the software business.

Leonidas Jones 12-11-2004 04:59 AM

Re: Importing TB back to OE

Ralph Fox wrote:
> On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 14:17:36 -0600, in message
> <41ba030b$1_1@news.vic.com>, azscrewdriver wrote:
>

>>Is there anyway to import TB emails back to OE?

> Generally speaking, apps are more likely to provide the ability to
> _import_ from equivalent apps made by other software manufacturers,
> and are less likely to provide _export_. (It's called reducing the
> entry costs, not reducing the exit costs).
>
> Ask Microsoft why MS-OE doesn't provide an import from Thunderbird
> (or generally from Unix mbox file format).
>
> Or ask in an OE newsgroup.
>

> And on another line, I wonder whether "The Bat" users get annoyed when
> people use TB for Thunderbird and not "The Bat".

If this were a "The Bat" support group, I bet they woulr. Since we are
in alt.fan.mozilla, we are probably understood.

Lee

azscrewdriver 12-11-2004 06:20 AM

Re: Importing TB back to OE

I was being sarcastic because I didn't know what you were trying to convey,
sorry

"Ralph Fox" <ralphfralphf@xtraxtra.coco.nznz.undo-echo.invalid> wrote in
message news:5fokr09df66kitmsifvctna79ijk08jmfv@news02.tsn z.net...

azscrewdriver 12-11-2004 08:57 AM

Re: Importing TB back to OE

As it turns out it wasn't that hard.

First as suggested install Netscape 4.7, then find where Tbird stores the
all the mail files and copy them to the directory that Netscape stores the
mail files.
Open Netscape mail and (IMPORTANT) click on each mail file to read it in.
Close Netscape.
Then go to OE and import the files from Netscape.

Splibbilla 12-13-2004 02:25 AM

Re: Importing TB back to OE

Ralph Fox <ralphfralphf@xtraxtra.coco.nznz.undo-echo.invalid> in
news:3hkkr0lkuvdk7encr87ji0841sd9mii6gq@news02.tsn z.net:

> And on another line, I wonder whether "The Bat" users get annoyed when
> people use TB for Thunderbird and not "The Bat".

i read recently of HUGE HUGE HUGE trademark infringment lawsuit being filed by jointly by a HUGE HUGE HUGE consortium
of Mycobacterium tuberculosis (syn Tubercle bacillus)
;-)

--
WinMe, Moz 1.7.3, all profiles GoogleBar, IEView, ,,, and??? some bugmenot.jar, sage.jar,
usually java off, js on. trying out PrefBar v. 2.3.1, build date 20041003