Velocity Reviews

-   -   Writing a text file to the file system (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t99100-writing-a-text-file-to-the-file-system.html)

=?Utf-8?B?Y3dicA==?= 03-21-2005 11:09 PM

Writing a text file to the file system

Using Visual Studio C#

When I ran the following code:

System.IO;

{
//FileStream fs = File.Create(Server.MapPath("test.txt"));
FileStream fs = File.Create("C:\\MYSAVEDFILES\\test.txt");
StreamWriter sw = new StreamWriter(fs);
sw.Write(TextBox1.Text);
sw.Close();
fs.Close();

}

I initially got an error message that "access was denied." The message
suggested that I give ASP.NET user access rights/permissions to the folder.

I then [manually] gave the logged in user write permission to the folder.

Then, when I ran the above code, the text file was created.

Is there another way [i.e., programatically using C#] to allow my code to
write a text file to the file system without giving access rights to a user?
Can the permissions be given to the app [the code] instead of to a user?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

bebop