Velocity Reviews

-   -   "latest headlines" down (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t9879-latest-headlines-down.html)

alexander 11-29-2004 07:29 AM

"latest headlines" down

Does anybody know why the "latest headlines" tab is not loading?

For the first few weeks of using Firefox it was working fine, but then
I press on the tab and it just says:
Live Bookmark Loading

(the other tabs i have put on that strip there work fine

Be grateful for anyone's help.

Alexander

Leonidas Jones 11-29-2004 01:40 PM

Re: "latest headlines" down

alexander wrote:
> Does anybody know why the "latest headlines" tab is not loading?
>
> For the first few weeks of using Firefox it was working fine, but then
> I press on the tab and it just says:
> Live Bookmark Loading
>
> (the other tabs i have put on that strip there work fine
>
> Be grateful for anyone's help.
>
> Alexander

I noticed the same problem last night.

Lee

Tom Davis 12-01-2004 11:53 PM

Re: "latest headlines" down

Mine has stopped working , no word on why live bookmark loading appeared .
It doesn't work.
So maybe it is a system thing.
Unless we have to download something for this change, which is why I'm
answering .
Is there another site we can ask that mozilla runs?? I was thinking about
trying to reload mozilla but that doesn't make sense at this point.
news:7e14042.0411282329.357e2dc1@posting.google.co m...

Tom Davis 12-01-2004 11:58 PM

Re: "latest headlines" down

Mine too! Hope someone will post an answer to the problem.

Leonidas Jones 12-02-2004 03:57 AM

Re: "latest headlines" down

Tom Davis wrote:
> Mine too! Hope someone will post an answer to the problem.
> "alexander" <uprussia2004@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> news:7e14042.0411282329.357e2dc1@posting.google.co m...
>
>>Does anybody know why the "latest headlines" tab is not loading?
>>
>>For the first few weeks of using Firefox it was working fine, but then
>>I press on the tab and it just says:
>>Live Bookmark Loading
>>
>>(the other tabs i have put on that strip there work fine
>>
>>Be grateful for anyone's help.
>>
>>Alexander

Your prayers may be answered.

I went into my profile folder, and noticed a bookmarks,bak, same size as
bookmarks.html.

I have been experimenting with John Haller's brilliant Portible Firefox
and Thunderbird. I suspect an incorrect shutdown, perhaps caused by
removing my portible usb drive before it had shut down fully. Whatever
the reason, I renamed the bookmarks.bak to bookmarks.html, and suddenly
the live bookmarks cama alive once again.

Lee

Bob 12-02-2004 06:52 PM

Re: "latest headlines" down

"Tom Davis" <tdavis14@tampabay.rr.com> wrote:

> Mine too! Hope someone will post an answer to the problem. "alexander"
> <uprussia2004@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> news:7e14042.0411282329.357e2dc1@posting.google.co m...
> > Does anybody know why the "latest headlines" tab is not loading?
> >
> > For the first few weeks of using Firefox it was working fine, but then I
> > press on the tab and it just says: Live Bookmark Loading
> >
> > (the other tabs i have put on that strip there work fine
> >
> > Be grateful for anyone's help.
> >
> > Alexander

I think that the web page at mozilla that the live bookmark is pointing to
has disappeared. I have managed to set a live bookmark pointing at a
bbc.co.uk web site working and it looks similar to the mozilla one.

Go to http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/default.stm and left click on the
strange symbol that appears at the bottom right of your browser. Select
'Subscribe to RSS' and save in your bookmarks. I think that should do it.

More info at
http://kb.mozillazine.org/index.phtm...iew:_Copy_Edit

--
Bob

Leonidas Jones 12-03-2004 04:23 AM

Re: "latest headlines" down

Bob wrote:
> "Tom Davis" <tdavis14@tampabay.rr.com> wrote:
>

>>Mine too! Hope someone will post an answer to the problem. "alexander"
>><uprussia2004@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
>>news:7e14042.0411282329.357e2dc1@posting.google. com...
>>
>>>Does anybody know why the "latest headlines" tab is not loading?
>>>
>>>For the first few weeks of using Firefox it was working fine, but then I
>>>press on the tab and it just says: Live Bookmark Loading
>>>
>>>(the other tabs i have put on that strip there work fine
>>>
>>>Be grateful for anyone's help.
>>>
>>>Alexander

> I think that the web page at mozilla that the live bookmark is pointing to
> has disappeared. I have managed to set a live bookmark pointing at a
> bbc.co.uk web site working and it looks similar to the mozilla one.
>
> Go to http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/default.stm and left click on the
> strange symbol that appears at the bottom right of your browser. Select
> 'Subscribe to RSS' and save in your bookmarks. I think that should do it.
>
> More info at
> http://kb.mozillazine.org/index.phtm...iew:_Copy_Edit

No, its up. When I restored my bookmarks.html from backup, the bbc feed
came right back up.

Lee