Velocity Reviews

-   -   Parent - Child back to parent javascript thingybob (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t98355-parent-child-back-to-parent-javascript-thingybob.html)

mark 03-10-2005 12:37 PM

Parent - Child back to parent javascript thingybob

I have a page that has a button that opens a child window with a search
function.
The search funtion contains a datagrid with a button column - this all works
fine,
the bit thats giving me a headache is onclick I need to close the child and
reopen the parent
with a passed variable.

i can get it to work so it opens a new parent, but id rather it reused the
old parent

eg this is what im using atm :-

clientscript = "<script
language='javascript'>window.location.href='Index. aspx?sendid=" &
e.Item.Cells(0).Text & "';</script>"

id also like to close the child if i could

cheers

mark

mark 03-10-2005 02:20 PM

Re: Parent - Child back to parent javascript thingybob

nm i fixed it with :-

Response.Write("<script>opener.location.href('Inde x.aspx?sendid=" &
e.Item.Cells(0).Text & "');self.close();</script>")