Velocity Reviews

-   -   Add additional row (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t98103-add-additional-row.html)

Vishal 03-07-2005 08:35 PM

Add additional row

Hello,

I need to add an additional row for each exisitng row in
my datagrid. How can I do that?

Thanks

John Timney \(ASP.NET MVP\) 03-07-2005 09:32 PM

Re: Add additional row

you could try to add it when the DataList.ItemDataBound Event is called

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...boundtopic.asp

or try to use a templatecolumn

the addRow method typically adds a row to the end of teh datagrid followin g
a bind event, so you may have to intercept this and see if theres anyhting
you can do. I suppose it depends on what you actually want the extra row
for.
--
Regards

John Timney
ASP.NET MVP
Microsoft Regional Director

Vishal 03-07-2005 09:39 PM

Re: Add additional row

Well, I am using a datagrid and I have to stick to that. I
need the addtional row for each existing row, so the 4Guys
article doesnt help me. The additional row will be used to
place a nested datagrid. I hope you can help me out.

Thanks

url=/library/en-
us/cpref/html/frlrfsystemwebuiwebcontrolsdatalistclassitemd
ataboundtopic.asp

John Timney \(ASP.NET MVP\) 03-07-2005 09:50 PM

Re: Add additional row

Take a read through the article below, its by some of the best asp.net
people and focusses specifically on nested datagrids, the example on nesting
a datagrid within a template column might be what your after or at least
given you an insight into building on that.

http://www.quepublishing.com/article...?p=173410&rl=1

Vishal 03-07-2005 10:12 PM

Re: Add additional row

No, I already know this article. They are adding the
nested datagrid in a new column, not in a new row.

p=173410&rl=1

Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP] 03-08-2005 01:33 AM

Re: Add additional row

If you need to add related data in a nested fashion, take a look at this
free code:

HierarGrid - A hierarchical DataGrid that displays master-detail relations

http://www.denisbauer.com/ASPNETCont...ierarGrid.aspx