Velocity Reviews

-   -   firefox "send Link" (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t9791-firefox-send-link.html)

Aldo Pignotti 11-19-2004 01:22 PM

firefox "send Link"

I see firefox has a "send link" button. How do I get it to work on a
Solaris 2.9 machine with CDE? I'm trying to use thunderbird but the
two products don't seem to be aware of each other. I found some notes
suggesting I could create a file user.js in my firefox defaults
directory with this entry:

user_pref("network.protocol-handler.app.mailto","/path_to_thunderbird/thunderbird")

But that didn't seem to work.

Are the options for the user.js file documented anywhere?

timothytsai@gmail.com 02-01-2005 01:07 AM

Re: firefox "send Link"

Aldo Pignotti wrote:
> I see firefox has a "send link" button. How do I get it to work on a
> Solaris 2.9 machine with CDE? I'm trying to use thunderbird but the
> two products don't seem to be aware of each other. I found some

notes
> suggesting I could create a file user.js in my firefox defaults
> directory with this entry:

user_pref("network.protocol-handler.app.mailto","/path_to_thunderbird/thunderbird")

> But that didn't seem to work.
>
> Are the options for the user.js file documented anywhere?

I tried your above suggestion, and it worked for me. However, I had to
make sure that I exited firefox first, then modified **prefs.js**, and
then restarted firefox. Otherwise, firefox will overwrite
modifications to the prefs.js file.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Tim

Leonidas Jones 02-01-2005 01:33 AM

Re: firefox "send Link"

timothytsai@gmail.com wrote:
> Aldo Pignotti wrote:
>
>>I see firefox has a "send link" button. How do I get it to work on a
>>Solaris 2.9 machine with CDE? I'm trying to use thunderbird but the
>>two products don't seem to be aware of each other. I found some

> notes
>
>>suggesting I could create a file user.js in my firefox defaults
>>directory with this entry:
>>

> user_pref("network.protocol-handler.app.mailto","/path_to_thunderbird/thunderbird")
>
>>But that didn't seem to work.
>>
>>Are the options for the user.js file documented anywhere?

> I tried your above suggestion, and it worked for me. However, I had to
> make sure that I exited firefox first, then modified **prefs.js**, and
> then restarted firefox. Otherwise, firefox will overwrite
> modifications to the prefs.js file.
>
> Thanks for the suggestion.
>
> Tim

If you have put the pref in user.js, it will overide pref.js.

The other option is about:config. Here you can edit prefs on the fly,
in most cases.

Lee