Velocity Reviews

-   -   The word "Netscape" shown in the bookmarks f (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t9762-the-word-netscape-shown-in-the-bookmarks-f.html)

maradcliff@UNLISTED.com 11-14-2004 11:55 AM

The word "Netscape" shown in the bookmarks f

Why is ile, and others?

This is the latest ver. of Firefox. I opened the bookmarks file with
a text editor, and it says Netscape on the top. I also looked at
cookies.txt, and it also says Netscape. I know that Firefox and
Mozilla use some of the code from Netscape, but that's no excuse for
having the word in there. It should say Firefox.....

Whats going on with this?

Mark

Keith Bowes 11-14-2004 09:44 PM

Re: The word "Netscape" shown in the bookmarks f

maradcliff@UNLISTED.com wrote:
> Why is ile, and others?
>
> This is the latest ver. of Firefox. I opened the bookmarks file with
> a text editor, and it says Netscape on the top.

That's because the bookmarks file uses the Netscape DTD. Various
(X)HTML files use a W3C DTD; should those be changed too?

maradcliff@UNLISTED.com 11-15-2004 05:09 AM

Re: The word "Netscape" shown in the bookmarks f

On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 16:44:18 -0500, Keith Bowes <do.not@spam.me>
wrote:

>maradcliff@UNLISTED.com wrote:
>> Why is ile, and others?
>>
>> This is the latest ver. of Firefox. I opened the bookmarks file with
>> a text editor, and it says Netscape on the top.

>That's because the bookmarks file uses the Netscape DTD. Various
>(X)HTML files use a W3C DTD; should those be changed too?

Thanks for the info, but.....

Sorry, I am not a programmer.
What is a DTD? and a W3C DTD?
Please explain!

Mark

maradcliff@UNLISTED.com 11-15-2004 11:10 AM

On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 23:09:53 -0600, maradcliff@UNLISTED.com wrote:

>On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 16:44:18 -0500, Keith Bowes <do.not@spam.me>
>wrote:
>
>>maradcliff@UNLISTED.com wrote:
>>> Why is ile, and others?
>>>
>>> This is the latest ver. of Firefox. I opened the bookmarks file with
>>> a text editor, and it says Netscape on the top.

>>That's because the bookmarks file uses the Netscape DTD. Various
>>(X)HTML files use a W3C DTD; should those be changed too?

>Thanks for the info, but.....
>
>Sorry, I am not a programmer.
>What is a DTD? and a W3C DTD?
>Please explain!
>
>Mark

Oh, I forgot to mention, YES, I think they should change the word.
It's not Netscape, and it should say what it is. I cant see how it
could be that difficult to change the word in any files that contain
it.

Mark

Emma 11-15-2004 07:01 PM

On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 05:10:13 -0600, maradcliff@UNLISTED.com wrote:

>>Sorry, I am not a programmer.
>>What is a DTD? and a W3C DTD?
>>Please explain!

>Oh, I forgot to mention, YES, I think they should change the word.
>It's not Netscape, and it should say what it is. I cant see how it
>could be that difficult to change the word in any files that contain
>it.

Yes you are not a programmer. But you certainly are a JACKASS.

maradcliff@UNLISTED.com 11-16-2004 07:35 AM

On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 14:01:47 -0500, Emma wrote:

>On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 05:10:13 -0600, maradcliff@UNLISTED.com wrote:
>
>>>Sorry, I am not a programmer.
>>>What is a DTD? and a W3C DTD?
>>>Please explain!

>>Oh, I forgot to mention, YES, I think they should change the word.
>>It's not Netscape, and it should say what it is. I cant see how it
>>could be that difficult to change the word in any files that contain
>>it.

>Yes you are not a programmer. But you certainly are a JACKASS.

Thank You !!!!!

I love Donkeys ,,,,,,,,,