Velocity Reviews

-   -   EditItem Template (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t96961-edititem-template.html)

=?Utf-8?B?SmltIEhlYXZleQ==?= 02-18-2005 04:55 AM

EditItem Template

I want to populated the list items which will appear in a dropdown list when
the user click on a row in my datagrid. I used the DataBinding Event and
populate the drop down and set the index to the appropriate value within that
drop down. Now when the user presses the"Update" button when editing a row,
by the time it gets to the Update event the Selected index of my Drop Down
has been clobbered.

I set a switch to ensure that I would not re-execute the code to
"re-populate" the drop down when the update event fires...but still no
luck...the index is setting at zero. Any ideas as to what I might be ding
wrong?

=?Utf-8?B?QmlsbCBCb3Jn?= 02-18-2005 05:05 PM

RE: EditItem Template

Jim, I can't quite tell from this description, but it's likely you *do* need
to repopulate the dropdown list--if those same items aren't there when you
come back around you're not going to get your selected index.

Bill