Velocity Reviews

-   -   Cretaing web services using Eclipse (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t962157-cretaing-web-services-using-eclipse.html)

zigzagdna@yahoo.com 06-26-2013 04:02 AM

Cretaing web services using Eclipse

I have downloads ECLIPSE IDE for JAVA EE Developers - version 4.2 x64 for Window s64

I have installed jdk 1.7 which I downloaded from Oracle's web site

I am going to download Apache Tomcat 7.x also.

My questions are:

a. Do I need jdk 1.7 for EE or SE will do. I do not know what is the difference. All I am interested is in developing Aix 2 web services which will be hosted in Apache Tom Cat.

b. I do not know the difference in Java EE and SE as for as Web Services are concerned. I am not interested in HTML 5, Java FX etc.

zigzagdna@yahoo.com 06-26-2013 04:43 AM

Re: Cretaing web services using Eclipse

On Wednesday, June 26, 2013 12:02:28 AM UTC-4, zigz...@yahoo.com wrote:
> I have downloads ECLIPSE IDE for JAVA EE Developers - version 4.2 x64 forWindow s64 I have installed jdk 1.7 which I downloaded from Oracle's web site I am going to download Apache Tomcat 7.x also. My questions are: a. Do I need jdk 1.7 for EE or SE will do. I do not know what is the difference. All I am interested is in developing Aix 2 web services which will be hosted in Apache Tom Cat. b. I do not know the difference in Java EE and SE as for as Web Services are concerned. I am not interested in HTML 5, Java FX etc.

I will not be creating any app servers, will not use multi-tiered java applications.

All I will be doing is developing web services using Elipse Java IDE EE which will be installaed in Apacahe Tomact 2. I preusme Java IDE Ee alreday has Axis 2, elase I will hav eto install that as well.

Lew 06-26-2013 05:51 AM

zigz...@yahoo.com wrote:
> I have downloads ECLIPSE IDE for JAVA EE Developers - version 4.2 x64 for Window s64
>
> I have installed jdk 1.7 which I downloaded from Oracle's web site
>
> I am going to download Apache Tomcat 7.x also.
>
> My questions are:
>
> a. Do I need jdk 1.7 for EE or SE will do. I do not know what is the

JDK is Java SE. It is the basis for all Java EE products, such as Glassfish and
Tomcat. Java EE is not a product by itself, but a set of specifications.

> difference. All I am interested is in developing Aix 2 web services which
> will be hosted in Apache Tom Cat.

The difference is explained on the Oracle website.

Java SE is a product. Java EE is a set of specifications which various
products might implement, build on top of Java.

> b. I do not know the difference in Java EE and SE as for as Web Services are concerned. I am not interested in HTML 5, Java FX etc.

Again, read the documentation.

Did you?

What parts of it were not clear?

--
Lew

zigzagdna@yahoo.com 06-26-2013 06:04 AM

Re: Cretaing web services using Eclipse

Lew:

Thanks a lot, in partcular clarifying that JAVA EE is a specification and not a product.

I recently attended JAVA 7 EE virtual web cof oranized by Oracle and i talked about HTML5 etc; so was not sure whethere they weher included jdk 1.7 SEwhich I downloaded from Oracle's web siteOn Wednesday, June 26, 2013 12:02:28 AM UTC-4, zigz...@yahoo.com wrote: > I have downloads ECLIPSE IDE for JAVA EE Developers - version 4.2 x64 for Window s64 I have installed jdk 1.7which I downloaded from Oracle's web site I am going to download Apache Tomcat 7.x also. My questions are: a. Do I need jdk 1.7 for EE or SE will do.I do not know what is the difference. All I am interested is in developingAix 2 web services which will be hosted in Apache Tom Cat. b. I do not know the difference in Java EE and SE as for as Web Services are concerned. I am not interested in HTML 5, Java FX etc.